Serious thoughts of a serious man

I have so many thoughts these days that I decided to put them down on here. Love to get your thoughts on my thoughts so respond as much as you can please!

I'll start off with a thought I've had going for over a year. Now I'm not one to believe the world will end in 2012, but I do think the earth will one day end. We've been given so many signs in the last decade that there's really no doubt left in my mind about it: terrorism, recession, economic problems, earthquakes, tsunamis, wildfires, mounting pollution, nuclear disasters, war. Thinking about all this, isn't it obvious the world will end one day?

Next one is more about technology. I prefer not to talk about my thoughts toward it, but I'm going to anyway. I don't know if anyone noticed, but as technology gets more advanced, people seem to get dumber. Back when tv wasn't around, everyone listened to the news on the radio and read books. Not just comic books, but actual novels. Now, we have plasma screen tvs and computers. However, some of the simplest things aren't known anymore. For example, history, in other words what got us here in the first place, is becoming less known. Back before tv, anyone could tell u anything from the order of the first 10 presidents to who invented the telephone. Now we're lucky if someone knows the names of 10 presidents nevermind the order, and nobody knows who invented the telephone these days. Coincidence? I think not...

Here's a big thought that's been on my mind. I live in the united states, and the government is close to defaulting on their debts. I wonder about what will happen to me and my family, not to mention my friends. But I also wonder, why doesn't congress stop posturing and do something about the debt? They're also so busting with making each other look bad that our country is starting to come down around them. If they stopped squabbling and did something, we wouldn't have a debt crisis.

Also, a big thought on my mind is our food. We put hundreds, even thousands of chemicals into the animals that become our food. It's getting to the point where even "organic" food isn't even healthy anymore. Just look at America. We have the most fast food places in the world, and also the most fat people in the world. Why? Because we realize that fast food is unhealthy but we don't care! Most Americans are lazy and just want the meal without the work. A little work, though, might actually make u thinner and you could probably produce better quality food than the slop they serve at fast food places.