26

BACK - 26

[EMMA]

I stuff another popcorn into my mouth as I keep my eyes glued to the TV.

I got back from seeing Issac about an hour ago and when I came home, I changed straight into my lounge clothes to catch up on my series.

I feel lighter, not weight-wise, but mind-wise. Before, it was always like I had something to do, something to say but I never knew what it was. I'd get on with my daily life but in the back of my mind there was something definitely present. It was almost as if I had an alarm clock ticking, waiting for the right time to go off.

I now know it was because of my conversation with Issac.

I told him everything, I let everything be free, I let myself get carried away with my emotions. For once, I enjoyed it.

Almost forgiving him plays another role in it too, making me very close to stress free. I say very close because there are... certain things that haven't been dealt with and I don't know if they ever will.

Maybe some friendships don't last. I should've known, with what happened with Issac.

Happened. Let it go Emma. You've given Issac another chance. No more stress, remember?

Right.

I'm awaiting for my oh so sweet boyfriend to get back so that we can talk. We haven't really had a proper chance to talk, seeing as Diesel was pissed off after Issac left. He then had a meeting a couple of cities over so he stayed there for the past day and a half.

We had no time.

But, I'm pretty sure he will not be happy with me. I mean, why would he? I've been acting really shitty towards him, lying straight to his face and not updating him about what's going on in my life or who is making reappearances.

I don't blame him.

The door handle clicks shut and I hear his keys turn in the door, before the sound of footsteps.

He's here.

I get up from the sofa, picking up the popcorn bowl and dropping some in the process, and turn towards the door. He walks in no longer than five seconds later, looking tired.

"Hey, you're back!" I say, with a smile upon my face. I expect him to come to me and give me a kiss, but he walks straight past into the kitchen.

I should've expected that.

"I missed you, you know. It's not the same when the house is so empty." I try again. No response. He just opens the fridge, grabs a water bottle and takes a sip.

He's definitely angry.

Diesel comes out of the kitchen, walking past me but I hold his arm. He stops, looks at my hand and just stares, "Diesel, let's talk about it. Please." I plead.

He doesn't say anything but turns around. I go to take a seat back on the sofa, hoping he follows and he does.

I start right away, "Look, I know you're angry and you have every right to b-"

"Emma," Diesel looks at me. Finally. "I'm not angry, I'm...upset- disappointed even." Oh no, that's worse. "We've been together for what- four years now, yet you don't feel like it's necessary for me to know that you've invited your ex over for a nice chat, let alone tell me he's here."

"Hold on, I didn't say that I invited him. He came to talk. He came to tell me something really important linked to my past and you know that it's important, so we were talking. I tried to avoid him, I really did. But there's only so much I can do; I mean, I wanted answers."

"I understand, I would've wanted answers too," He gets up. Well, that was quick. "But, I'm still...processing the fact that I wasn't told about any of these events. You lied to me, Emma."

I get up too, my temper rising. "I'm sorry Diesel but you have absolutely no right to say that to me considering-"

"I don't want a reminder." He holds his hand up, slowly closing his eyes before placing his index finger and thumb just above his eyebrows, "I'm tired at the moment, I've had a long journey and I don't want to talk about this now. We'll talk later."

He doesn't give me a chance to respond because before I know it, he's off and up the stairs.

Oh, I'll be ready for the conversation later.

* * *

Author's Note: Why is Diesel being so difficult?

Leave me your thoughts!