Chapter 1

Sunlight beams through Lena's blinds causing her to stir awake abruptly. "Come on! Come on! Get up! Sam will be here any moment and if we want to make it to Midvale in time we have to leave soon!" Alex Danvers, her roommate yells.

"Okay, geez. Give me a moment and please stop screaming. I have the worst hangover ever," Lena wines, wincing as she holds her head to block out the piercing sunlight from her eyes. She moves to her window to pull the blinds down a little bit so she can see fully. Alex has already made her way out of her room on a mission. Normally Lena is the one rushing the redhead for time, but when it comes to Alex's family, she is a force to be reckoned with. The raven haired woman is lured out from her room into the living room and over to the kitchen space of their apartment. 

It wasn't a massive space, but it was perfect for the two of them. Not to mention it was only a 15 minute drive from Campus and had good amenities. Such as a pool, a gym and a parking garage. The apartment opened into a living room with a small light grey and black kitchen off on the left, enough for an oven, a nice size fridge and an island with a bar. Past the living room, which contained a cream colored couch sat in front of a dark wooden Tv stand and a 55" flatscreen mounted to the wall, there was a small hallway. Two doors on the right, one door on the left and a door at the very end of the hall. The first door on the right was Lena's room, the second was a closet containing a washer and dryer unit. The door across from her room was their shared bathroom and the door at the end of the hallway was Alex's room. Lena insisted she take the master bedroom when they first moved in, because she hadn't intended on staying for very long, but fast forward 3 years into living together. 

Alex placed a hot cup of black coffee and headache medicine in front of the bar chair that Lena normally occupied, while she leaned back against the kitchen counter sipping her own cup of coffee. "I told you not to go out and get drunk last night," Alex teased. "Also, what is your attraction to that she-devil?" Disgust splayed across her roommates face, which Lena rolls her eyes knowing that she wasn't a huge fan of her latest hookup.

"Veronica was just a good time. A girl has to get her fill somehow. You know I don't date," Lena shrugs defending herself. She smiles at the gesture in front of her, "You know if you were my type and weren't in love with Sam. We could be something great, Danvers." Lena smirks, raising her signature eyebrow, taking a drink of her coffee. Her eyes observing the redhead take a sip of her coffee, as the wheels turn in her brain to process what her best friend had said. 

Alex practically chokes on her drink, from the comment. After a moment she regains her stance from the coughing attack. "Me?? In love with Sam?!? Please we're just friends." Alex says looking bewildered at her best friend, trying her best to ignore the blood rushing to her cheeks. The green eyed woman stares knowingly at her friend who's obviously in denial. Sam has been a part of their friend group for about two years now after they went to a concert for the Barenaked Ladies. From the very moment Alex and Sam locked eyes, Lena knew that they both had it bad. She's surprised it's been a year of them being single and yet no feelings have been confessed.

"You know for someone who's studying to be a doctor, I hope none of your future patients come down with the love bug," Lena says in between sips of her coffee. Alex shoots her a confused glance. "Because you can't even diagnose yourself!" 

As if on cue, Sam Arias walks through the door holding her packed bags and some food for the trio, "Hey friends! I brought food!" She walks over to the island setting down the fast food bag, "I figured after last nights' bender that someone went on," Her brown eyes shifted over to Lena, "food was a must." She places down a big bag of Belly Burger, knowing it's the green eyed woman favorite. Lena sets her cup down and engulfs the woman in a big hug.

"I'm choosing to ignore that dig since you brought my favorite. Thank you Sam!" Lena says pulling away from the hug, placing a quick peck on her cheek. Alex sends a slight glare at her, but she just winks in response. She rolls her eyes at her friends flirtatious behavior, knowing she did it on purpose.