Chapter Six - Weightlessness

Hello! I want to apologise firstly for never taking the time to update this story, but here we are! I was unsure when I began writing this that I would be able to keep going and considering I've left it three months, it isn't looking promising. However I would like to say I will be trying my best from now on.

I apologise if this chapter seems rushed, I wanted to get it out as soon as I could.

Again I do not own Attack On Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin.
I would also ask that you please read the authors note at the end of this chapter. Thank you and enjoy!

----------------------------------
Despite the fact he was now fully clothed, I still recognised him. Not only was he already in the Survey Corps, he was obviously someone of high ranking to be here.

'I thought he was a trainee! I really pick the people to get naked in front of' I cursed to myself.

I leaned forward to Jean and grabbed his arm to get his attention.

"Wha... Rose? What's wrong with you?" His eyes still drifted towards the large contraptions that lay before us.

"Who's that guy over there?The short one." I pointed to where the four were now walking behind us at a distance.

"Huh..? Oh him? How do you not know already? That's Captain Levi, why?" He glanced down at me then looked again to the small man.

"Oh.. Um, nothing. Nope. No way. Why would you think I had a reason? Jean you're weird.." I rambled awkwardly, skipping ahead to avoid him.

The group circled round Keith as the first official session began. The tall wooden structures which towered over us had straps to be fixed to our belts. Unfortunately, I drew the short straw and was called forth to be one of the first few.

The wires clipped into my belt and I felt a surge of nervousness. This was my first trial and also the first time I would train in front of others besides Jean. Inside I kept repeating a mantra.

'For the Military Police. For Jean. For Samuel and Lily..' As if these words would automatically assure my victory over this basic yet challenging task. If I failed now, I'd be surely sent away to the fields.

The signal was given to those in control of the levers to begin lifting the first few upwards. My feet left the ground and almost instinctually I relaxed and lay still. I felt like I was floating above the ground; as if I could be weightless if not for the slight pain from the wires holding me there.

I was pulled from my dreaming by the sound of the levers and the feeling of the hard dirt beneath my feet. I looked at the people in front of me and the slight smile from Jeans lips confirmed that I must have passed. After being released from the holds of the metal I sped towards him, smiling widely.

"Did I do it? Was it okay? I wasn't shaking was I?" The questions spilled from my mouth like a young child. He touched my shoulder, assuring me about my performance, before confidently going to his own. I mingled with the others who were waiting and noticed Eren was about to be raised. Remembering how good he was talking the previous night, I found myself manoeuvring over to him. Jean had finished and was coming over to watch as well.

The clunking sound of the wires being raised filled the silence around us. No one dared to speak. If he was as good as he said then he'd definitely be finishing top. Right?

Unfortunately, it wasn't to be. Within half a minute he tumbled towards the ground. Jean snickered beside me. The rest of the crowd whispered and giggled as they watched on. Erens body hung limply upside down. And yet again misfortune struck as at that moment, Keith happened to be walking past.