Chapter 2: Retaliation

"What do you plan to do?" Matt asked David as they both were sitting on a bench in the school ground after recess. "I don't know...I just want him to pay for this." David showed his frustrations.

 As they both talked, both the bully boys from the previous day walked past them without even noticing them. "Hey, that's him." David whispered to Matt pointing covertly towards them. Matt saw the boys but couldn't recognise them. He hadn't seen them before, just as every other student of the school. It was strange, it really was. However, as David told Matt about the boy, he noticed that he had the same book in his hand as he was holding the previous day.

 On looking closely, David realised that it wasn't a normal sized book, but was a little smaller. But definitely bigger than a typical diary. Before he could notice any details, they had gone far. David didn't even risk going after them as it might have caused him serious bit of damage. His body was already aching at almost every part of it because of what happened the previous day.

 "Hey! Look at his book." David said to Matt. "Yeah...it's not a book, it's a diary...I think." Matt also gazed at it. "Alright! Do you think that...maybe, it's his personal diary?" David enquired, wishing that it might be. "It must be..." Matt answered, "Otherwise, there's no point in bringing it to school." "Yeah, he has no other book or anything, just this diary, I think we should get it, he might have his secrets in it...we can make him pay!" David said cunningly rubbing his hands. "Whoa, calm down Sherlock! Don't you think that's too much?" Asked Matt. "Alright! You go with me right now and we'll fight him." David said looking at his body guard still walking by him. "Alright! What's the plan?" Matt sighed and shook his head because he had no choice but to help David in his madness. "Let's go home, then I'll tell you." David commanded and took Matt straight to his home.

 "Look we need to copy his diary exactly from the outside." David elucidated as they reached his room. "Tomorrow, we'll see exactly what his diary is like and we will prepare another diary just the same. Got it?" "So...you brought me to your home just to say that?" moped Matt. "Yeah...actually it seemed really cool in my head." David cleared his throat. "You're miserable..." Matt shook his head as he got up. "Going already?" "Yeah, otherwise I'll have to hear out more of your stupid ideas." "But, we'll notice his diary tomorrow!" "Yeah alright! Now I'm home. Bye!" "Bye!"

 The next day, they both waited on the spot they were sitting the previous day. "Are you ready?" David asked Matt. "Yeah, I was born ready! You?" "No I was premature at my birth." David said sarcastically. "But now I've improved." "Ha-" They were having their lame discussion as the awaited pair crossed them. "Look!" David whispered. They both narrowed their eyes as they focused on the boy's hand. He was carrying the book they thought of as a diary on that day too. They really gazed carefully at it but luckily no one noticed how weird they both were acting. More luckily for them, the book had a simple plain brown glazed paper covering it, so all they had to do was to get a diary and cover it with the same kind of paper.

 David went home that day and got all the stuff he needed to prepare such a book and very skilfully, he completed the job. Now the only step was to exchange the it with the original one. Although it was the most difficult step of the process, but David had arranged it well.

 The next day, Matt and David were sitting in the ground waiting for the boy to come. They felt slightly uncomfortable sitting at the exact same spot the third day consecutively, but it was probably the last time, so it was overall just okay. Anyhow, to their fortune, before the boy, the girl that David had seen in the café after his gloomy rout walked by the pair of boys. "Hey, who's that?" David asked Matt gesturing towards the girl. "Whoa! Hard luck bro! I don't know." Matt got confused as he hadn't seen that girl too, just like those boys. "How many people have joined the school during the winter break?" Matt protested with a frown. Suddenly, the boy came from behind but both of them were so mesmerized by the girl, they didn't notice him until he crossed their vision. "Hurry! Get up!" David said getting up.