Chapter 5: Finding Explanations

"I've never stepped out of my house without my mother's permission, and now I don't even know where I've stepped onto." Said David shaking his head, following the bulky man to his house. "I don't even know your name!" He rubbed his forehead and then dragged his fingers down to his eyes and squeezed them in tension.

"It's Glygeor." The man spoke while he kept looking ahead, continuing walking. David found the name strange as every other normal person would have had. "Now I'm more afraid. What kind of name is that?"

This made Glygeor move his eyes from the path ahead to David's almost pale face. "What kind of name is that? That's the normal kind. One out of every thousand people name their child this. I sometimes feel uncomfortable because of how common this name is, and you're saying this." He then turned around and found himself against a wooden door which looked quite old but quite strong too. He slipped his hand in his pocket and took out an even older looking key and unlocked the door. "Come in!" He stepped inside taking off his coat and hanging it on one of the six hooks beside the door.

"Is this your house?" David asked as he stepped inside. "Yeah...why?" "Nothing...just confirming." "Oh okay. Suit yourself." They both headed into the living room which was one small room away from the main door. It had a table in the middle with four chairs around it, one on each side. There were two attached rooms and a kitchen was built on one side of the living room. They both went on and sat on the chairs.

"So what were you saying about my name?" Glygeor recalled the previous discussion. "Have you looked at your own name? What is it? Jaded? Mated?" "It's David!" "Oh yeah! What kind of name is that?" "Actually this name is the normal one. At least it sounds like human!" David protested.

"Like what?" Glygeor looked shocked. "Like human! Like normal people!" David shouted. "Ssh! Keep it low!" Glygeor rebuked David. "Are you out of your mind? Don't you know you can get into trouble just by saying that?" He frowned at David.

"How? It's the fact! It's the truth!" David shrugged. "It is!" Glygeor finally realised that David was quite odd and it could fit perfectly that he was a human. "What are you talking about? You're weird!" David argued.

"You think I'm weird? What about every other thing around you? Is it normal?" Glygeor stressed at him to take some clue from all the surrounding. "Wha-What are you trying to say?" David got a little shocked as his head started to hurt. (It was hurting before but the pain multiplied to some folds.)

"It is weird! That's what I'm thinking from the start!" David held his head tightly. "So, you're not human?" Saying this, David started to faint. He had to. He had had more than enough of it to absorb and was still getting more and more. He had to pass out at least once, so he did, though not willingly.

"Hey! Hey!" David heard a voice from some distance which came closer and closer and became clearer and clearer as he tried to open his eyes. A few drops of cold water were enough to make David open his eyes.

"Thank God you're up!" Glygeor said as David sat up from the floor he had fallen on.

"Well! It may be a lot for you to take in..." Glygeor spoke up once David felt better sitting on the chair again. "I am, as you know, not a human." He continued. "I'm a wizard. We all are. The ones you came across in the market, all of them. There are no humans here. Well normally." Listening to this, David straightened up a bit which forced Glygeor to move towards him in case he falls again, but David gestured him, saying, "I'm fine."

"Are you okay?" Glygeor asked David. "I've been better!" Suddenly David's tone changed, "This isn't supposed to be happening. You gotta wake me up!" "What?" "I don't know! This is where I should wake up. You're going to wake me up, right?" "I don't know what you're talking about. How can I wake you up?" "You are in my dream, you're not a wizard. You're somebody standing right in front of me while I lay in my bed. Come on, spill water over me. Do something! I need to wake up. Now!"