Chapter 9: The Troublesome Challenge

"I expected you to come here..." Dylan, who was in a black wizard robe, slid his hood off and looked at David and then moved his twisted, devious eyes to Glygeor and smiled crookedly. "What do you mean?" Shocked and frightened David asked as he strengthened his frown. It was like a movie scene for David, where the bad guy is acting all smirk when he sees the main guy because he doesn't know that that guy's going to kill him in the end...but in this case, David wasn't feeling like the main guy, he was terrified, because this was his real life, although it wasn't normal for a number of days now, but it was still real, and he didn't want to die so quickly or easily.

 "Well...you can say that I have an eye on you and your friends..." Dylan boasted as he glanced at Glygeor standing behind David. "What do you want?" David, who found Dylan interfering in his life too much lately, asked. "I want to kill you." Dylan was no more smiling, instead a fierce face gazed David right in the eye.

 "Ambitious!" Glygeor smiled and stepped forward. "Are you afraid of him because he might become powerful due to the book that you're dying to finish him off so quickly?" Glygeor tried to buy David some time by questioning Dylan's valour. "Call yourself a warrior, humph!" He ridiculed Dylan.

 "Shut up! I eat shit like him and you in breakfast!" Dylan was now angrier than ever. That's what happens when someone challenges the proudest of people in their own battle by insulting them. "Glygeor told me that you people eat shit, but in breakfast too? That's gross..." David was offended by Dylan, but his reply wasn't of any favour to himself. "Hey! Mind your language!" Dylan warned him. "Hey!" Glygeor replied, "That's nothing to be ashamed of! I guess..."

 David had slipped his tongue in front of Dylan, and now he was kind of regretting it in his mind. But as he rolled his eyes away from Dylan in desperation, he found out that there was someone in a similar robe as of Dylan, sitting in a tree behind him. On concentrating, David found out that it was Evelyn sitting on a thick branch of the bulky tree. She was smiling, maybe because of David's careless yet ruthless counter on Dylan. That sight swung the mood for David. He was no more regretting his words and was somewhat confident about himself now.

 "Why do you want to kill me anyway?" Asked David. "I want to be the most powerful one in this world. And by beating you, the so-called book holder, I can prove my point..." This frightened David. Dylan continued, "But I agree with your absurd friend there," he pointed towards Glygeor and continued, "As a proud warrior, I'll give you some time to train, so that no one says that I hit you unexpectedly and cowardly...so how much time do you need? Don't ask for long, because I'm weak with patience."

 David looked at Glygeor, then glanced at Evelyn, and then towards Dylan. All of them were curiously waiting for the answer. "1 month is enough." David grinned. It can be said that he got a little overconfident there, because one month of training was nowhere near what he needed. "What?!" Glygeor cried, "Are you crazy?"

 "Ha-ha! It's done!" Dylan laughed and disappeared in an instant from there with his quickness. David looked up at the tree and saw Evelyn standing up looking at him, but she seemed disappointed. Then she disappeared from there too in the same fashion as Dylan.

 "Are you crazy?" Glygeor repeated himself as he reached David. "What?" David shrugged. "You're going to get yourself killed..." Glygeor said. "You think?" David thought puckering his brow. "I most certainly do." Glygeor said and started on his way to his home. "Wait..." David rushed beside him, "What should I do now?"

 "You have to give all your time to training now, there's no time to waste." Glygeor proposed. 'I have to tell my mom too.' David thought. "Exactly what difference is there between the time zones of our worlds?" David asked Glygeor. "I don't know. You're the first human I have ever met." Glygeor continued walking home.

 "Okay...I'll figure it out. I'll meet you tomorrow." David said to Glygeor as he changed his path to the house in the forest from where he went to his world.

 "Mom!" David shouted to his mother as he climbed down the stairs. "You're up already?" His mother asked who thought that he was sleeping this whole time. "Yeah...I'm going to Matt's." David replied putting on his shoes. "Why all of a sudden?" Mrs. Jackson got worried after seeing David rushing so much. "Yeah! I'll talk to you when I get home." He stepped out of the house and close the door behind him.

 "Hi Mrs. Erikson." David said as Matt's mother opened the door. "Hi David. How are you?" She replied politely as she would always do. "I'm good, thank you. I want to see Matt?" "Yes, he's in his room." She said allowing David to hop inside.

 "Hey man, I want to talk to you." David entered Matt's room while Matt was busy playing video games. "Give me a minute." Matt said not taking his eyes off the computer. "Hurry! It's important!" David said as he also started watching Matt's game. "You're the worst in Call Of Duty!" David said hopelessly as the table at the end of the match showed Matt at the bottom with a dozen deaths counter to only six kills. "At least I rape you in Fifa." Matt sighed as he put his controller aside.

 "So...what's up?" Matt asked while David sat on his bed beside the computer table. "I was in the other world just now...and I saw Dylan there." David said. "What? I was just cheering myself up from what happened today by playing games, and you're starting again? How much do you want me to play?!" Matt asked as if he didn't like playing video games, which he did. A lot!

 "I don't know, but this is serious..." David continued and told Matt all about Dylan and his challenge. "I noticed that when I went to the other world the first time, I stayed there for almost exactly a day, but when I came back, only a few hours had passed." David took out his mobile off his pocket. "Umm..." David looked up at the history of messages between him and Matt. "Look, I received your message at the same moment I was transferred to the other world." David said. "How do you know that?" Matt asked rolling his eyes. "I saw my phone ringing." David answered. "Anyway," He continued, "When I got back, I received a call from you. And it was about quarter to three hours later..." David counted the time difference. "Hey! How's that you called exactly at the same time as I got home?" David looked at Matt. "I don't know, I had just woken up, but haven't received your text yet, that's why I called you. Coincidence..." They both chuckled nervously.

 "So...by this calculation, we need three to four days out of here, so we can train." David said nodding his head. "I'm sorry, we?" Matt frowned at him. "Yes, we both are going." David said as Mrs. Erikson came in with juice and some fruits for the boys who were just about to run away.

A/N: I hope you like the chapter! Please vote and comment! 

Stay Blessed :)