Chapter 14: Adventitious Condition

"The word must have spread by now!" Azemel told Glygeor and Matt who were standing in the hall of the temple. "Yes, I'm afraid..." Glygeor nodded and then moved his eyes to David who was still knocked out after his attack on Dylan, and was lying in a corner of the hall.

 Bruises were visible on their faces and their clothes weren't in the best condition either. They had managed to run away from the stadium because of the surprise knocking down of Dylan by David. But it wasn't all in their favour because the Master was taken away by some men from the opposite group. They couldn't do anything about it because they were falling weak in front of the enemy, so Glygeor and Azemel just took both the humans and rushed away out of there as they were left with no other choice.

 "What should we do now?" Matt asked them. "I don't know..." Glygeor pitifully said, "I wish Master were here..." He took a deep breath and shook his head in agony. "Yeah...I guess..." Matt, who also rated highly of the Master, joined him in grief.

 "We should not waste our time!" Azemel, the wisest of the three kept his calm enough to work his mind. "We had some idea that this might have had happened." He addressed both Matt and Glygeor. "What do you mean?" Matt interrupted, "You never told me...or David about any such possibility?" He asked out of confusion. "All we knew was that he was going to fight some jerk! We didn't even know that it was going to be in a stadium, for God's sake!"

 "Humph!" Glygeor prepared to answer Matt, "Look!" He blurted out, "We always knew that Dylan would've planned something like this...but we didn't anticipate that he could arrange such a bizarre situation."

 "What did you think, exactly?" Matt stressing on his question this time. Seeing Glygeor hesitating to answer, he even jerked him while demanding an answer, "Tell me!" Glygeor, seeing no other way to get out of the situation, spoke at last. "We thought...that at the most, they would try to get David and you, but instead they went for the Master. Which is quite odd..." He looked at Matt with apology in his eyes, but this was too much to digest for Matt who had considered them as his and David's true friends.

 "What?" Matt slid his hand through his hair. "...I don't believe it..." It was difficult to find words in that situation, so Matt took a slight pause and then raided again, "You used us!" He yelled at Glygeor, as well as Azemel. "You used us...I don't know what to say..." Matt literally couldn't think of anything else at that moment other than the possibility of his and David's death because of the very people who he thought might be there for them. He shook his head wildly as it was the only thing he could manage at that time.

 "Hey!" Azemel broke silence and reached Matt's arm, "Enough kid!" He jerked Matt and continued, "We aren't happy either!" A tough bloke such as Azemel would always try to calm you down like that, but they aren't much good at such things. That's why, Glygeor spoke up, "It's not like that." He said to Matt, "We would've saved you at any cost..." He tried to be completely honest with Matt this time, "We had our men in the stands for that fight, but they still outnumbered us."

 "Yeah right!" Matt wasn't in a mental condition at that time to believe in what any of those wizards had to say. Azemel, on the other hand, wasn't prepared to ignore such behaviour from Matt. "Cut out the act, boy!" He moved closer to Matt. "You know why we didn't do for Master?" He poked Matt right in the chest, "Because we had to protect you...that was the order from the Master, that whatever happens, we try our best to save you." He continued poking Matt causing him to step backwards because of the pressure, "You know that the old man signalled me to get you out of there while he was on the ground. What do you think of that?" Ultimately the poking stopped as Azemel put his face in front of Matt's for the final words, "Make up your mind kid, and if you're ready, we're waiting outside." He gestured Glygeor as both of them went to the ground outside. On his way out, he said, "Make it quick, we don't have much time."