part iv.

(Y/N's) POV

An hour or so had passed since you and Carl were reunited with each other. It was a beautiful moment and one you would never forget! You even got to pick out some comic books afterwards.

Now walking the train tracks in the intense Georgia heat; you run up behind Carl and unzip his tattered up backpack. Pulling your three new comic books out and smiling like a little kid on Christmas day.

"Wanna look at them with me?" You ask while pecking his cheek.

Carl does nothing more than look down at you and smile. His continuous staring causes you to giggle and hide your face with the comic. "Stop it, Carl. If you stare at me again I'll... I'll slap you with this book!"

"Well come at me, you twerp!" Carl jokes back and you roll your eyes. Your hands fiddling with the inked papers till you reach the middle and open it.

A small quaint farm sat on the paper. The sun setting behind it while an old man tied his horse down. It looked so much like Hershel and his farm.

"Carl lookie; doesn't it look like the farm! I mean look everything from the stairs to the shard of grass and to the old-" You were immediately cut off by Carl. A blank expression sat on his face; he looked almost angry.

"Please, don't you dare finish that sentence. I don't want to hear about the farm or.. Or Hershel." Carl spat out and you looked down at the book.

"Sorry, but why don't you want to hear about Hershel?" you questioned while throwing the comic books into your bag. You could practically hear Carl's heartbeat and his breath hitching.

"He's dead (Y/N). After the farm, we were on the road for seven months. We were lucky enough to find a place to call home, though. It was a prison; nothing special, but it kept us safe for a long while. My mom actually gave birth in that prison to a girl. She didn't make it, though.." Carl paused to clear his throat. His hands playing with the stay sting on his shirt. "A whole lot happened with this man named 'The Governor." while we were there. He kidnapped Glenn and almost raped Maggie. We got them back though and Daryl even found Merle. After that fiasco, we met Michonne. My dad was reunited with his crazed friend Morgan. Then things were fine till The Gov attacked again. He didn't do much damage, but he killed his friends and we took the rest of his group in. Skip another few months and the prison has its own tiny farm. We were growing all sorts of foods and had some animals as well. Things didn't last, though. Disease fell over the prison and we lost a lot of people; The Gov even attacked during this time. He destroyed everything we worked so hard for and killed Hershel. Now we're here all separated, no one knows where the rest of the group is and we're hoping Terminus is the answer." Carl finally finishes; your eyes the size of pancakes.

"Carl, tell me is my uncle alive?" you inquired and Rick turned to look back at you. He gave you a sympathetic look and you heart shattered into a billion microscopic pieces.

"He's dead isn't he?"

You stop in your tracks, the gentle breeze hits your skin and causes goosebumps. The sun starting to set as Carl grabs your non-muscular bicep.

"No (Y/N), I'm sure he's alive we just haven't run into him," Carl says in an attempt to calm your nerves. His arms immediately going around your waist and his warm breath hitting your neck.

"Besides, you guys are Dixons. Nothing can kill you, rednecks!" 

A/N

And Chaper iv! I've got six more to edit then I can start updating again ^_^

Comment and Vote (:

Cheers Loves!

-Zombae