Chapter 3

I have been in this hell hole they call the county jail for a month now and today is the day I go to trial.

The officer woke me up that morning and led me to the showers.

I took a 3 minute ice cold shower. I got out of the shower and wrapped my body in a towel.

The officer gave me some formal clothes which I put on

They led me back to my cell. I fixed my hair and brushed my teeth. I waited an hour until breakfast came.

After breakfast, they took me to they courthouse. I was led in handcuffs to the courtroom. I have never been to the courthouse so I was fascinated by how big and beautiful it was.

I sat down on at table. I couldn't afford a lawyer so I got a court appointed one.

The trial started and I basically zoned out of the entire thing until it was my turn to go up on the stand.

I got up and went up to the stand. The prosecutor came up to me and started asking questions.

"Zendaya, did you like your father," she asked. I didn't answer. "Answer the question," she continued but I stayed silent.

"Your honor make her answer tbe question," she said. "Ma'am, you have to answer the question and remember that your under oath," the judge said.

I sighed. "Fine. No, I did not like my father," I said. "Why not," she asked.

I looked down and answered, "Because he would always rape, touch, and abuse me."

"Where are you going with this," my lawyer said, "Be quiet Mrs. Marshall," the judge said.

"Why haven't you ever called the cops," "Because he said if I ever do he'll kill me," I replied.

"So you kill him before he could kill you. You hated you father enough to kill him. There was no reason for you to pull out the knife," she said.

"Yes there was reason for me to pull out the knife. What did you expect me to do, Sit back and let him do what he did until he actually killed me. You know nothing about me and I bet you don't care about my father. All you want is a case and to win so you could get money. You don't care if an inocent 15 year old rots in a jail cell. How dare you stand there and call me killer when all I did was defend myself," I said.

"You know what, I'm not gonna sit here and listen to this bullshit," I said and got up. I ran out if the courtroom and courthouse.

I sat down on the steps outside the courthouse and cried.