Chapter 8

Zendaya's pov
Its been 2 weeks since I've ran away.

I never went back to the CPS building.

I went back to my social worker's house, once, and that was to get my stuff.

Last week, I ran out of money. I haven't eaten since then.

I woke up this morning on a matress in a church. I walked to a public bathroom and freshened up.

All day long I was just wandering around in the streets of Houston.

I never really had close friends or family members to go to so I've been living on the streets.

I got extremely hungry and couldn't take it anymore.

I walked into a convenience store. I walked in and grabbed a bag of chips hoping I wouldn't get caught.

"Hey. Your gonna have to pay for that," one of the workers said. "I don't have any money," I replied.

"Then put it back," he said. "But I haven't eaten in a week. I'm extremely hungry," "I don't care, put it back," he said.

I started to cry. "But-," "PUT THE DAMN THING BACK, LIL GIRL," he yelled.

I pushed him out the way and ran out the door.

I looked back and saw him chasing me.

Every five seconds I looked back and see him still chasing me.

I ran onto the road. I saw a car coming but I was too tired to start running again.

I actually didn't want to move out of the way. I actually wanted it to hit me, I wanted to die.

The car was coming closer and closer and I started crying. My mind was telling me to move but my body just wouldn't listen.

I closed my eyes. "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU," I heard someone yell.

I opened my eyes to see a police car inches away from me and an officer getting out of his car and yelling at me.

"Officer, arrest her, she's a thief. She didn't pay for that bag of chips," he said.

The officer looked at me...more like examined me.

"Your that missing girl," he said. "Your coming with me," he continued.

"No, You'll bring me back to her," "Fine, I'll just arrest you for shoplifting. Your choice," he said.

I sighed. "Fine," I said and go into the back of the police car.

I still had the chips in my hands. I was EXTREMELY hungry so I ate the chips as he drove me to the police station.

When I got there, they placed me into a holding cell and called my social worker.

I was in that holding cell for hours and soon fell asleep.

I was awoken by an officer. "Your mother is here," she said.

I got up and groaned. I got up and she led me her.

She signed me out and we awkwardly and silently walked to the car.

The entire car ride was silent and the car drove us to a hotel.

We got out the car and checked into the hotel.

When I got to the room, I went straight to the phone to order room service.

After ordering room service, I went into the bathroom to get ready for bed.

When I got out if the bathroom, I heard a knock on the door. It was my food. I took the food and ate it before heading to sleep.