Chapter 4

An officer came out and explained to me that if I don't go back into the courtroom with him, my case will be thrown out and I will go to prison.

I got up and he led me back into the courtroom. I sat down at the table and put my head down.

The trial continued until it was finally over. The jury went to a room in the back to come up with a verdict.

An hour later, the jury came back with there verdict.

"Has the jury reached a verdict," the judge asked. "Yes your honor we have," one of them said.

"We have found the defendant... Not guilty," he continued and a smile formed across my face.

The bailiff uncuffed me.

"Hi, I'm Mrs. Brown. I'm your social worker. Please come with me so I can find someone to take you in," she said, "Ok," I replied.

She led me outside where I was swarmed by reporter. She helped me to her car and drove me to the CPS office building.

We got out the car and she led me to her office. The building was HUGE and beautiful.

I sat down across from her. She went on her computer and I'm guessing she looked up my file.

She started making phone calls and I just sat there in an awkward state.

Beyonce's Pov
"I'm gonna get you," I said as I chased Blue around the living room.
(A/n: In this story Blue is 1 years old but it isn't 2013. It's 2015.)

Eventually I got tired and plopped on the couch. As soon as my butt touched the couch, I felt my phone vibrate. I groan and went to check who it was.

It was an unknown number. I was debating in my mind on wheather ir not I should answer it.

I eventually convinced myself to answer it.

"Hello," I said into the phone. "Hi, I'm Jennifer Brown. Is this Beyonce Knowles," she asked.

"Yes, this is she. Who are you," "I'm Zendaya Locke's social worker. I'm calling because her father died and the will says that if he dies that she is to go with her mother. Her file says that you are the mother. Are you aware if this," she asked.

I was shocked. I was happy to know my baby girl is OK after all these years. I can't wait to reunite with her.

"Hello," she said, "I'm still here and yes I am aware if this. I think I would remember giving birth to her," I said as I chuckled.

"Sorry, I'm used to telling these kinds of things to fathers," "It's Ok, I'll be down there tomorrow to pick her up," I said, "Thank you," she replied and hung up.