The Awakening of the Monarch and the escape

Chapter 2 [edited]

I wake up in a spacious white room with white walls and white furnitures. I feel the mattress beneath me and notice that it was filled with red roses.

I stood up and looked around. In the corner of the room, stood a 7 foot tall mirror with white borders. I walk in front of it without looking at my reflection. I close my eyes while fear conquer my mind.

Minutes has passed until I decided to open my eyes.

First things I noticed was my wavy black hair, then my red eyes, and pale skin, and my lean body. I thought nothing was wrong with me till the thing that I have been dreading for appeared behind me.

Huge orange wings startled me to death.

I can feel tears pooling on my eyes.

I am not normal anymore…

I cried and cried for what seemed like hours..

Till I realize that I need to escape in this hell building. I try flapping the wings like how I think butterflies flap their wings. But I keep on failing.

I kept trying and trying but it still did not flap, though it moved a little so I got that going for me which is nice.

I continued doing so but was interrupted by the sound of the footsteps getting louder by the second.

The Doctor entered through the white door with a very satisfied expression.

"I am so happy I found you for my experiment. You are the perfect match for the Legendary Monarch Butterfly DNA! You made the experiment successful. Now, rest. Don't you worry, we will help you adjust to your… improvement."

Then he pivoted on his left heel and went out, closing the door behind him.

…………………

Days and weeks has passed, I can now control my wings. I can fly, I can tuck it in my back.

I can somehow say that I accept what I already am.

I was lying on my bed half-asleep when The Doctor entered my room. With my heightened senses, I heard his murmur loud and clear, and this, my friend, chilled me to the bones.

"The time is near, shall you be added to my Animal Collections…"

Sleep immediately washed out and became fear as I sat up looking at The Doctor with wide eyes.

The Doctor saw my expression and immediately said, "Hanashima it's not what you think!"

LIAR!

"No! You monster!"

Liar. Liar. Liar.

I jumped out of the bed and quickly maneuvered around him to exit the room. I kept running. I hear him shouting after me.

Looking behind me, I saw him chasing me holding a knife.

Where did he get that?!

As i kept running, I saw the exit getting nearer and nearer and felt my fear getting weaker and weaker.

I break through the door and before I know it, my feet is off the ground and I am soaring up high. I look down at the laboratory, one last time, then see The Doctor drop to his knees, and pull his hair in frustration.

I kept flying and flying away from the hell hole until I grew tired, my wings gave out and I was bolting down towards a great mass of land.

I close my eyes for a moment feeling the air whiz pass my ears and the relaxation it brings me.