Mission: Fireworks

Mission: Fireworks

Harry

I saw bright lights ahead and realized I was at the end of the maze. I really hoped Sage had beat me to the end and that she wasn't lost in the maze. I walked out and saw a guy who was collecting the flashlights and he smiled at me and said, "congratulations you made it through."

I nodded and looked around for Sage. I saw lots of people milling around the carnival but no Sage. I was beginning to worry and my palms were sweating like crazy. I really hoped nothing had happened to her. "Took you long enough," a voice said from behind.

"Sage!" I said turning around and smiling in relief and happiness.

I grabbed her into a hug and she laughed and said, "what's this for?"

"For winning congrats," I said as I pulled away from her.

"Don't think you can butter me up and that I will let you of the hook, when I think of something you will have to do it," she replied.

"Sure, sure I'll do anything," I replied.

"I heard they are going to put fireworks soon we should go sit by the beach so we can see it better," Sage said as she headed towards the beach. I followed and we walked silently taking in the pretty sights around us. There wasn't many people on the beach since most of them were at the carnival and we found a good spot and sat down on the sand. We sat in the semi dark since only the moon and the faraway carnival lights provided light. We watched the waves which stopped before reaching us as Sage said, "the beach is beautiful in the night isn't it?"

"Yeah very," I said as a warm ocean breeze cooled us down. I had stopped sweating in anxiousness and I felt calm now knowing Sage was safe and I was here next to her if anything were to happen. Without even realizing it I put my arm around Sage and she didn't say anything as we sat there staring at the ocean leaning on each other.

We heard an explosion as a blue firework went of in the sky. I leaned back till I was lying on the sand and staring up at the sky. Sage did the same and we were next to each other shoulder to shoulder watching the fireworks. My hand was next to hers and I slowly moved mine closer till our hands were holding. I looked at her to see her reaction and she smiled at me. I leaned on my elbow until my head was directly above hers and I slowly leaned down and kissed her. Our lips fit together perfectly and the fireworks continued to explode above us. I slowly pulled back from Sage and looked down at Sage's face her eyes were closed and she slowly opened them and said "what was that?"

I chuckled and moved so I was lying on the ground next to her again and said, "that Sage, was a kiss."

"I know that but why," she replied as she leaned up on her elbows to look down at my face.

"Why, you don't know why people kiss? Because I like you," I replied looking into her eyes.

"You like me?"

"Yes lots."

She smiled at me and then went back to lying down next to me and said, "I know what I want you to do."

"What! I just told you I liked you and you don't even reply?" I said sitting in expiration.

"Would you just listen?!" Sage replied smirking as she sat up next to me.

"Okay fine," I replied crossing my hand as I looked at her.

"Kiss me again," she said a small shy smile appeared on her face.

I looked at her in confusion and then I smiled slowly realizing what she had just asked. I leaned over cupped her face in my hands as our lips slowly touched. Her hands traveled up my back until they were holding my shoulders. We kissed for I don't know how long before I pulled away and said, "I'm glad I lost."