Chapter 8: The sedative

Quick note: Sorry for the long hiatus! I've been focused on YouTube and school that I completely forgot about this story xD I'll try to write more often. Anyway, the story must go on!

"I really didn't want to resort to this.. but we don't have much of a choice!"

Otonashi was searching through the cabinets in the nurses office, reading the description of each drug he found, while Kanade was keeping watch of the hallway for Shira and Sachi.

"It's just as I expected.. I can't make anything with these types of medicine. They're only for head aches and stomach aches." Said Otonashi.

"You know.. I could easily make something close to a tranquilizer using my computer. If I can make weapons, I can surely make a tranquilizer. All you have to do is tell me what to use in the formula." Said Kanade.

"Yeah.. that'd probably be a LOT faster than what I planned on doing."

Otonashi and Kanade head back to the dorms, still stinking of smoke. While heading to their room, they hear crying from Shira and Sachi's room.

"Do you hear that?" Asked Otonashi.

Kanade nods. They both put their ear on the door and listen in.

"Now now Shira, please calm down! I hate seeing you like this." Said Sachi, while hugging Shira.

"How am I supposed to calm down after he lied to me! He even went as far to pretend like he didn't even know me! The nerve of some guys, I swear!"

"Well.. maybe he actually doesn't remember..?"

"Oh no no no, he remembers all right. I know he does. I don't see why he is acting like he doesn't.. I thought.. he loved me.."

The room fell silent. Kanade and Otonashi then continue back to their dorm.

"Love? So I heard correctly then when she said he was her boyfriend?" Asked Otonashi.

"I'm just as surprised as you are. Usually if you fall in love in the real world, you wouldn't end up here.." Stated Kanade.

"Are you trying to say.. that maybe they didn't love each other?"

"That.. or one of them didn't love the other."

"..could that one be T.K? He definitely was acting strange, even when we questioned him about it."

"Let's not jump to conclusions. That was only just a guess. We'll find out once we see his memories. Then we'll try to figure a way out for him to move on." Said Kanade.

Otonashi turns on the computer sitting on her desk.

"Well, let's get this over with then." Said Otonashi.

Kanade nods and starts writing binary codes into her program, while Otonashi is telling her the components for a sedative. After 30 minutes, they finally finish.

"That was surprisingly faster than I thought.. but does it work?" Asked Otonashi.

"Only one way to find out.. Reliqua."

Pixels then start to shape into a small needle with a almost colorless liquid inside.

"Okay so it summons.. but does it actually work for its purpose..?" Asked Otonashi.

"I can test it on my self if necessary." Said Kanade while putting the tip of the needle on her arm.

"No no no. I won't allow you to do that. I know even if it is lethal, you can't die.. but I don't want you to go through as much pain as you already have. There's also the fact that we don't know how long it will keep you out if does work. What if you are out longer than when we scheduled the meet up? No.. test it on me. If I don't wake up on time, please go get T.K without me."

Kanade stays silent for a moment, but then nods. She roles up Otonashi's sleeve.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Just remember to meet T.K at the guild at 12 if I don't wake up on time."

Kanade nods again. She lifts the needle up to his arm, and just as she is about to inject it, a large crash came through the door.

"AH HA! So you guys did talk to Timothy, huh? We knew you guys were hiding something. So tell us! Where is the guil-".

Just as Shira was about to finish her sentence, she and Sachi felt a small sting on their arm. A needle was sticking onto their flesh. Otonashi looks at Kanade, who is holding something that looks like a gun.

"I made this just as an add on, in case he decides to run away again." Said Kanade.

Shira and Sachi both fall to the ground, knocked out.

"Wow, it's fast acting too. That's great! Let's not wait for them to wake up. Let's head to the guild and get everything ready." Said Otonashi.

Kanade and Otonashi step over the two knocked out girls and head straight for the guild.

A few hours later

"Alright.. everything is set up.. all the exits are blocked off, and you have the Mnemonic ready, correct?" Asked Otonashi. Kanade nods. They then hear a pebble hit the floor. They turn around to find T.K hiding behind a machine. T.K turns around and starts running.

"Kanade! Get him!"