-2

A few hours later Michael heard someone talking in the room next door to his. Before today, that room had been vacant. He wondered who was in it now.

He decided to get some exercise. He got his crutches from the side of the bed and began walking around on them. The nurse told him to get daily exercise and his leg would heal faster. He didn't really want that to happen.

He left his room in search of the toilet. Once he had found and used it, he came back the way he had come. The blind was pulled down in the room next door to his, but he could still see inside. The pretty girl from earlier on was laying inside. There were countless tubes and wires around her. She still had the nasty bruise, but other than that she looked fine, just like she was sleeping. Michael wondered again what had happened to her.

He saw cards lined up on the table beside the bed, and half a dozen bouquets of flowers were neatly placed on one side of the room. She obviously had people who cared about her. No one had come to visit Michael in the hospital apart from his parents, and they hadn't shown up in a day or two.

Michael was secretly jealous that the girl had lots of friends and family. He limped back to his room and went to sleep.

~~~~~

Double update!!

This is going somewhere, don't worry