-9

Michael unwillingly pulled himself into the taxi as the taxi driver shoved his bags carelessly into the boot of the car. A few nurses had said goodbye to him which made him feel a little better. Michael looked back at the hospital, his mind far away from where it was supposed to be. He was rudely snapped back into reality by the taxi driver snapping at him.

Michael sulkily told him where he wanted to go. Home. Although he didn't actually want to go there.

The journey home was silent and miserable. Michael thought about how nobody would be there to meet him. No one even cared he was coming back.

He pulled out his earphones to distract himself from thinking about the beautiful girl who was lying in a coma. He wanted her to wake up and find him. That would be the best thing ever.

The taxi pulled up outside Michaels house and he paid the driver before being left alone on the driveway, staring at the empty house in front of him. He tried not to cry as he closed the front door behind him, shutting himself back into reality.

What Michael didn't know was that the girl had woken up. A nurse had come running out to get him but he was already gone.

All she wanted to know was where was the boy who had saved her with his beautiful voice.

~~~~~