-8

That evening when Michael woke up from his nap, he immediately saw the packed bags at the door and a nurse tidying away his hospital things in the corner of the room. It was time for him to go. The nurse turned around when she heard Michaels bed creak when he slid off it. She smiled apologetically at him, and told him he'd get back into his normal life in no time. She didn't understand.

Half an hour later Michael was dressed in clean clothes and was freshly shaved. He was waiting in the hospitals reception for a taxi. Of course his parents had been too busy with work to pick him up from the hospital. He wasn't really surprised, seeing as they hadn't visited him in over a week.

His hospital room was now occupied by a twelve year old kid who wouldn't stop whinging about how sore his leg was. He could see him from here, whining at Michaels nurse. Surely they would have preferred Michael over him?

He could also see into Julias room from here. She was lying there all alone. He thought he should at least say goodbye.

Michael quietly entered the room, thinking back on how the last week of singing to this girl had changed his mood. It had given him something to do and he was very grateful to her for that. She had a positive effect on him, even though she couldn't possibly know it.

Michael pulled the hard chair over to the side of her bed and sat down, automatically putting his hand on hers. He kissed it gently and sniffed. In the back of his mind he knew he wouldn't be back to sing to her.

He sang softly to her for a few minutes until a nurse came in to tell him that his taxi was here. He didn't say goodbye in words, but in his actions.

A wave of sadness crashed into Michael as he walked out of the hospital doors, his two bags in his hands where Julias hands should have been.

~~~~~

I haven't been on in ages I'm so sorry :-(

This fanfic is over in two more chapters, so I'll update in one go