Intro

1999

Tina walked through the hospital as fast as she could. Behind her was Beyoncé walking beside her father Matthew at the age of eight years old almost nine. Matthew picked up Solange, who was four years old, to keep up with Tina's pace.

Tina walked to the receptionist desk asking for the number to the room of Vivian Styles. She was told the room number and she kept walking again.

Tina walked into the room seeing her mother in a chair holding a baby. Tina looked and saw an eleven year old Michelle and nine year old Kelly laying on the couch. Walking further in she noticed Jason sitting beside Vivian near the hospital bed.

Tina stood near Vivian. She grabbed her hand.

"You sure you want to do this?" Tina asked.

She knew this would help her sister but also hurt her sister in the long run.

"I have to. We can't take care of her. She'll have a better future with you and Matthew." Vivian said as she sniffed and wiped her falling tear.

Tina also wiped away her fallen tear.

Tina looked around and saw her two girls playing with their cousins on the couch. She looked towards Matthew and he nodded. Tina walked towards her mother.

"Tina, if she doesn't go to you who knows what will happen to that child." Her mother said low enough for only Tina to hear.

She nodded.

"I know mama." Tina said picking up the baby out of her arms.

Tina stood holding the baby and smiling. She was so beautiful. Tina smiled and Matthew came up behind her.

"She's beautiful just like the rest of the girls." He said.

"She is." Tina said smiling.

"She'll fit right in." He said and kissed Tina's cheek.

"Yes she will." Tina said. "Welcome to the world Jade."

Beyoncé looked at her mom holding the baby.

"Mama said the new baby is going to live with you now." Kelly said.

"She is?" Beyoncé asked. "But that's your sister."

"Yeah-"

"No." Michelle said cutting Kelly off. "That's Beyoncé and Solange sister. That's your sister Bey and that's our cousin."

"What? But mama had her." Kelly said.

"Look, daddy told me that's our cousin. He said that's not our sister so don't bring it up okay?" Michelle said. "Don't tell no one Kelly. Beyoncé, that's you and Solange's sister okay."

Beyoncé and Kelly nodded in confusion but what could they do? They were too young to know any better. Whatever their parents says goes and that's just how it was going to be. The conversation would never be brought up ever again.

Comment & Vote

Just a short story I came up with. Only about ten updates or so. Just had to get it out of my mind.