Chapter 7 - Reunion

As soon as the man ended his call, Laurent began preparing to leave for England. He had been told by the man not to tell anyone about this except Larry, but Laurent just couldn't keep this from Vivian. He called her and told her everything.

Larry returned to the hotel from what he told Laurent was a "little walk". With no manager around to do this for them, Larry immediately began to look online for tickets for the next flight to England when the phone rang again.

Laurent hesitated before picking it up, each ring sounding heavier than the one before. He gritted his teeth and took the handset to his ear. The  mans suave voice glided through the speaker.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you" he purred. "I took the liberty of booking the tickets for you. Just like I booked the ticket for your pretty little bodyguard."
He chuckled when Laurent let out an animalistic growl.

"Now now Laurent, you know I did you a favour by taking her out of harms way!" he replied enthusiastically. "I hear you fancied her, last night did sound quite exciting" he hinted, before laughing hysterically and ending the call. Laurent's thoughts whirled around him as he wondered how the man knew what happened last night.

"The f*cker had us bugged this whole time" Laurent twisted his face in anger as he ripped the telephone line out of the wall.

"Non" replied Larry calmly.

"What you mean no?! The bastard probably listenin' right now-"

Larry shook his head and muttered one word. "Reg"

Laurent gave him a puzzled look. What about Reg?Reg should have come home hours ago after dropping off Vivian but with all the recent distractions, Laurent had completely forgotten about him. But that was not important right now... Was it? Laurent's eyes widened as everything clicked into place.

Reg must have worked for Alice's kidnapper.

...

Two hours into the flight, Larry begun to snore softly while leaning his head on Laurent's shoulder. Laurent looked out through the window to see a layer of white clouds below him that looked so thick he was convinced he could just walk out the plane and bounce around on the large fluffy cotton spools. He chuckled at that thought.

"Would you like any drinks, sir?" an air hostess asked. Laurent waved her away without taking his eyes off the window. "Non, thank you"

The hostess cleared her throat, adjusting her neat black skirt that was part of the uniform. "Ahem. Are you sure?"

Getting slightly irritated now, Laurent turned towards her. "I say non, than-"

His eyes nearly popped out of his sockets when he looked at the supposed 'air hostess'.

It was Vivian.

She eyed him and slightly shook her head, as if to tell him to stay calm and play along. Thankfully, he received the message.

"Non drink thank you. But you know where the restroom is?" He eyed her back, as if to say she had a lot of explaining to do. She let out an inaudible sigh and rolled her eyes.

"Yes sir. Right through this way"

He gently nudged Larry's sleepy head off his shoulders, and followed her down the aisle. She opened a door, gesturing inside, and he pulled her in with him.

The restroom was tiny, but thankfully clean. He grabbed her shoulders and sat her down on the closed toilet seat and curved his tall frame to lean over her.