Chapter 8 - Conditions

This chapter is for QueenNiyahBoo, WendylikeSu and Khaoulachebel, who seem to be the only ones interested in this story so far 😂❤️

...

They arrived in Manchester late at night. The cool air eased the pains in their body from sitting still in the plane for too long. The buildings and street lamps glowed orange under the dark grey sky.

Larry was intent on staying at a flamboyant hotel in the middle of the city, tugging on Laurent's shirt and pointing at the large building like a kid towards a candy store, and pouting in disappointment when Vivian disapproved.

"They're expecting us to stay in a hotel like that. We have to stay off their radar" she urged.

Larry slumped back into his seat, crossing his arms. Vivian led their taxi driver to the outskirts of the city to an old shabby building.

"Ta da! Home sweet home" sang Vivian enthusiastically as the brothers glared at her in unison.

They checked into a room with a small kitchen and bathroom, and two bedrooms. A rugged dull couch sat in the middle, and the entire place smelled like bricks and stale biscuits.

Larry sniffled at the two bedrooms. Of course, now he has to endure one more night by himself while Laurent and Vivian are together in the other room. But he loved both of them with all his heart, and he dare say that the light in his brothers eyes the past few days was worth giving Vivian up for.

He relaxed his aching body on the bed and sighed.

Meanwhile, things in the other room were not going as planned.

...

"Non, Vivian you have this room, I sleep on the couch" Laurent muttered for the third time, refusing to make eye contact with her puzzled eyes.

"Lau, this is a double bed. I don't mind if we sleep together. What's wrong?"

He gritted his teeth. What's wrong? He can't stop thinking about that damned ring on her finger, that's what's wrong. Has she had some relationship with Larry? Had he... Had she slept with him before? The rage was starting to cloud his head but he blew it off.

"Nothing" he grunted in reply, and turned to lay on the couch.

"Lau that couch is far too small. If you want to sleep alone, then you can have the bed. I'll take the couch."

Laurent stomped back into the bedroom and slammed the door in her face. Vivian remained unfazed, and rolled her eyes at his childish behaviour. Hopefully by tomorrow morning he would get over whatever it was, and she could sleep on the bed too.

She leapt on the couch and tried to snuggle in but the stench of it made her eyes watery and she sat up. This night is going to suck, she thought to herself, pinching her nose to avoid the smell of cat poo that clung religiously to the stupid couch. Laurent's peaceful soft snores could be heard from the closed bedroom and she gritted her teeth. She tried to open his door but it was locked of course.

"Is everything ok?" mumbled a sleepy Larry, rubbing his eyes and standing at the doorway of his own bedroom.

"Your brother is being an asshole again." she muttered aggravatingly. "What is it with the both of you, one minute you're nice and the next you turn into complete prick-"