Chapter 14 - That's All Folks!

This is a mystery part. I want you to guess if the character here is Larry or Laurent as early as you can. Ready? Go!

"Could you sign this?" A young teenage girl asked impatiently, snapping him out of his daydream.

"Sure" he muttered, scribbling a messy signature on a SnapBack. Sighing, he turned to the long line of fans.

"I'll be back in five minutes" he yelled over the noise of the fans, only to see their previously enthused faces droop into sadness. He chuckled at the reaction.

"Don't look like I'm not gonna come back. I come back... In five minutes okii?"

...

He leaned over the sink of the bathroom, taking deep breaths to soothe his uneasiness. Whenever his mind wanders back to that night, anxiety pounds at him. He washed his face as he slicked back his afro, letting the water cool his hot reddened skin.

"Erm... Hey" a feminine voice greeted him awkwardly. He whizzed around to see a small girl in a dark hoodie and jeans.

The hood covered her face but her voice made his heart make victory laps and his lung collapse. How cruel it was to have his body react so vigorously to anything that looked or sounded like Vivian.

"Who are you" he demanded, his voice cracking.

"Well, you don't know me. my name is Viktoria" she muttered nervously.

His heart dropped to the pit of his stomach and his lungs deflated like a punctured football. Vivian was dead. He can never see her again. Why can't he get that fact in his head.

"I'm er... Vivian's twin sister" she said, looking down at her shoes.

His breath hitched as he processed that. Vivian had a sister? And not just a sister but a twin? And she had never told them?! His brain whirred over this fact, looking the strange girl up and down. He couldn't see her face but she looked the ideal height and weight. Suddenly his insides melted into a puddle of guilt. He couldn't even imagine losing his brother and here was a girl who lost her twin -because of them.

Unable to control himself, he yanked her hoodie down out of her face in his desire of wanting to see Vivian's face one more time, even if it was just a replica.

As soon as he saw those honey dipped eyes his anxiety melted away as he curled his hand around her long dark hair. He leaned his head into hers, savouring the bittersweet moment. It was almost like he was with Vivian again, even though he knew it wasn't the same.

With his forehead still leaning against hers, he started speaking.

"Viktoria, I am... sorry for your loss" he said, inwardly cringing at his inadequate apology. "If you ever need anything, money or a place to stay, just let me know and-"

His explanation was stopped abruptly when the girl placed her soft finger on his lips. She closed her eyes as she shook with emotions, and then tiptoed until her face reached his.

He was utterly confused, but didn't resist when the familiar stranger kissed him deeply.

Oh this was so wrong. Vivian had passed away barely a month ago and here he was making out with her twin. But he couldn't find it in himself to push her away, and kissed back instead, tasting the salt of her tears. Electricity scoured through him at the point between their lips and that was when he knew.

"You not a good liar as you think. I see right through you" he breathed when they pulled back from the kiss.

"What?" she asked, breathless from the encounter.