Little Talks

I held Draco's hand as we walked through the Malfoy Mansion. Both his parents were executed so now he was owner of the mansion. "I don't like walking around this old and empty house." He whimpered. I squeezed his hand reassuringly. "Keep holding my hand, I'll walk with you my dear." Draco looked at the stairs. "The stairs used to creak when I tried to sleep when I was little. It kept me awake." He said, reminiscing. I pulled him into a hug. "It was the house telling you to close your eyes." I whispered in his ear as he clutched my shirt tightly. "Some days I couldn't even dress myself. My depression was that bad." Draco admitted as we pulled apart. It was killing me to see Draco this way. I wanted only for him to be happy. I know to him the truth was varied but I would always be there to carry him safely home. 

Draco and I separated. I continued to explore the bottom half of the house and he went up the creaky stairs. I had just gotten to the kitchen when I heard a scream. Auror training kicked in and I was up the stairs in a flash. I ended up in the master bedroom where Draco was standing there, pale, sweating and crying. I pulled him in tight to my chest. I know there were voices in his head that held him back, his own personal demons."Shh, shh, its okay baby. I'm here. Nothing can hurt you anymore I won't let it." I continued to make small talk in his ear. "There's an old voice in my head that's holding me back." He gasped as he clutched me. "Well tell him that I miss our little talks." I said in his ear. "Soon this will all be over and buried in my past. I used to play outside when I was young and full of life and full of love." Draco said as he stood up and looked out the window. I got up and stood behind him. "Some days I feel like I'm wrong when I am right." He whispered. I hugged him from behind. "Your mind is playing tricks on you my dear." I kissed his cheek. "I know my mind varies the truth but as long as you're here, a ship may carry our bodies safe to shore." I smiled. He blushed. "Don't listen to a word I say." He said. "Hey." He looked at me. "Everything's okay. I still love you for everything." Draco smiled. 

We walked back to our little flat. "You know the streets all sound the same no matter where we go. There's always the ragers, the pedestrians." I nodded. "Come on, let's get back before it gets dark." We ran the last few blocks, giggling. 

I stretched and yawned, I was ready for bed. Draco was already curled in bed. I lifted the covers and slid in next to him. I was ready for blackness to receive nightmares. I screamed and woke up to Draco frantically shaking me. I was sweating, gasping for air. "Harry, Harry, it's okay. I'm here." Draco was holding me, rocking me back and forth. "You were gone. You went away. I watched you disappear. All that was left was a ghost of you and we were torn apart. There was nothing we could do." I sobbed, clutching his nightshirt. "It's okay Harry." Draco rubbed my hair. "Just tell me if you need me to go." I shook my head furiously.  "No wait for me. Please hang around. I want to see you when I fall asleep." I begged. Draco just smiled and we fell asleep, me in his arms.