Chapter 11- Mental Break Pt. 2

Cosima's eyes snapped fully open. She did not resist, but didn't fully accept it either. The kiss lasted about six seconds, after which Johanna pulled back, face unreadable.

"What the- w-was that a torture technique or not?" Cosima asked uncertainly, now 100% awake.

"I don't... I don't know what that was," Johanna admitted. "I just... did you- did you like it?"

"Well, um. That's kind of a strange question to ask the person you're torturing, now isn't it?"

Cosima was taken aback, obviously, but there were a few other emotions below the surface.

"Look, I'm sorry," said Johanna. "My last two weeks have been pretty tough, and I-"

Cosima scoffed, cutting off Johanna. "Yeah, mine too."

Changing the topic, Johanna said "I must note, you're holding up pretty well for half a month of psychological torture."

There was an awkward pause, which Johanna broke by saying, "Well, time to get started. Let's get your mind broken, shall we?"

***

It appeared that the kiss had been a temporary snap back to reality for Cosima, who was in fact not holding up as well as it had previously seemed.

Johanna could tell that by the end of the month, she would be entirely gone.

***

"EMBRA," Johanna frantically texted. "EMBRA, EMERGENCY! I KNOW YOU DELETED MY NUMBER BUT PLEASE. THIS IS IMPORTANT."

It was three days after what Johanna was personally referring to as "The Contact". She had finally worked up the nerve to tell Embra what had happened. She was hoping beyond hope that Embra would answer this plea, despite the contrary evidence. Unfortunately, she did not.

***

On the next and penultimate day of torture, Johanna stepped into the room and was immediately shocked. The first thing Johanna noticed was that Cosima was missing her straightjacket. The second thing she noticed was that Cosima was lacking all other clothes as well.

"Gotlav..." Johanna whispered. It's almost like they want me to... She thought.

She walked over to the prisoner. "How long have you been like this?"

Cosima groaned.

"How long?" She said more forcefully.

Cosima laboriously opened her eyes, but they fell immediately fell shut again.

Johanna sighed. "Listen. I ask a simple question, I want a simple answer. How long have you been like this?"

"Th-three..." Cosima forced out.

"Okay, good to know. Now, let's start. Don't worry, though; you're almost through the month!"

***

Johanna exited the room after her toughest session yet. However, she did not leave without first relieving the tension that had built up during the day.

She walked over to Cosima, and planted a long, passion-filled kiss on her lips. "Bye-bye, now, hon!" Johanna said playfully as she exited.

As soon as she left the room, she was confronted by a masked official. "The Magistrate Council needs you." Johanna nodded.

As she walked to the door marked "Secret Room 4, Do Not Enter," she was possibly the most nervous she had ever been. She knocked the secret knock, and the door slid open under its own volition.