Chapter 2

Wes left two hours ago, now I'm sitting in the living room. Mom is on the phone with one of her co-workers. I think she should go on dates but every time I tell her she acts like she not listening. I love her to death I wish she could just have a day off for ones. I look at the clock it's three in the morning, thank god it's summer. I hate that school in three weeks.

"Good night mom love you. Don't go to bed late." I kiss her on the cheek and she nods her head. I walk up the long stairs to my room. God I'm so tired sometime I wish I never played lacrosse. Who I'm I kidding I love lacrosse so much. I could never see myself not playing lacrosse. I go under the covers of my bed and turn off the light. I black out the moment my head hits the pillow. A few minutes letter in my sleep dizzied mind, I hear the window open to my room. Wes crawls through the window and closes it. I hear the clothes drop to the ground and the bed dip. He wraps his arms around me and pulls my close.

"Did he hit you?" That's always the first thing I say to him. His dad drinks a lot after his mom died. His mom died when he was ten. At first his dad just drank and then would knock out. But from then on it just got worse. He started to hit Wes and tell him he was a mistake. When that started to happen he would come over to my house after everything. His house is right next to my so all he has to do is claim over and crawl though my window. At the beginning I wanted him to tell someone but he said he didn't want anyone to know. So out of love for him and our friendship I said nothing. So now here we are, his arms wrapped around me.

"He didn't but he threw a bottle of beer at me." I close my eyes and softly hum a soft tune. No one says anything and we just fall asleep like that. I wake because of the light going through my window. I sit up on the bed and look over at Wes. His perfect dark brown hair is in a sexy mess. I part of my wants to put my fingers through it, but that would look a bit crazy. So I stand on the bed and jump on him.

"Ahh! What the hell!" He jumps up pushing my off of him. I land on the floor with a load thump.

"Ow that hurt a little." I rubs my butt softly.

"...Parker?" I stand up and hit him on the head with my pillow.

"Yeah stupid! It's me Parker" I yell. His green eyes sparkle with laughter, his body shakes with quit laughs. He couldn't hold it in so finally he lets it out and sounds like a monkey.

"You should have seen your face." I narrow my eyes at him and stick my tongue at him. I hit him again with my pillow. He grabs the pillow by the eighth hit. He throws it on the bed behind him and stands up. He stretches his arms, his biceps moving with him. I feel my eyes move down to his six pack, watching as it moves up and down when he breathes. I swallow hard and blink my eyes. God why does he have to be so hot? Why do I have to be the ugly best friend/sister? 

"Come on, I'm hungry." I roll my eyes and walk out of my room. I walk over to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Wes comes to stand beside me and brash his teeth two. How Wes sleeps over so much I thought why he doesn't just bring over a brush. He thought it was a great idea. When we're done we went do the stairs. I opened the fridge and looked through it. The thing is I don't want to make anything so I look over to Wes and smile.

"Do you want to cook for me?" He looks at me with are you kidding me look. I bat my eyes and give him my best puppy dog face. He stands with a huff and walks over to where I stand. He grabs eggs, bacon, cheese, and ham. I stand in the island and wait for him to be finished. After a few minutes he pulls a plate in front of me. I look down at the plate and hum.

"It looks amazing as always." I dig into it and finish in two seconds. I look up to see Wes looking at me I feel my cheeks go hot. Why is he looking at me like that?

"What?"

"Nothing...I was just thinking how you eat like a man sometimes." I feel a sharp pain in my heart, I know his joking. I laugh playing it cool and calm.