Chapter 3

"He'll never look at you...you're so ugly looking." Veronica moved closer to me. Her face was inches away from mine.

"Why would he want some ugly looking tomboy?" All of a sudden the guys come up behind her.

"Yeah she's right!" Vic said. The guys nodding behind her. Wes steps forward and gave me his meanest smile.

"She right you know...at the end of the day the person I want in my bed is her...not you!" I felt my heart break into tiny pieces.

I woke up on the floor of my bedroom. What kind of dream was that? Wes would never say something like that...or well he? Huffing and puffing, I stand off the floor. I walk over to the bathroom and do my business. I change into my favorite pair of ripped black jeans and a shirt that says dude on it. I run down the stairs to grab an apple. I leave a note on the counter telling mom that I'll be home late. I grab my skateboard that's leaning on the door and walk out. I let the skateboard fall to the floor with a loud tap noise. I stand on the board and kick my leg to make it move. All my problems fly out of my mind as I feel the wind hit my face. The sound of the wheels against the sidewalk is like music to my ears and feeling my hair flying in the wind. After what feels like only two minutes I end up at the skate park. It's filled with boys and a few girls, me being one of those girls.

"Hey! Park, come over." Carter yells at me. I meet Carter at the stake park two years ago. When I was trying to get away from the guys I ended up here. It was late and no one was there, I was trying to make this move. After the first eight times I was about to give up when Carter showed up. He taught me how to do it and we talk. I mean we really did talk, we talked about what was hurting us and our problems. By the end he know more about me than I knew myself. We're really good friends and I really like how we can talk to each other.

"Park look at the move I made." I got the nickname because of where we meet. Carter grabs his broad and slides down the ramp and does this wired feet move. Jumps, flips the broad and lands back on the ground. I smile he always comes up with moves.

"That's amazing! Car!" He smiles and walks over to me. He grabs my arm and walks us under our tree. He sits down and looks up at me.

"Well...are you going to sit down or what?" He pats the seat next to him and I smile, sitting next to him. He puts his arm around me and I lean into him.

"So tell me your problems, Park." I sigh.

"Oh that's not a good sign. Tell me what's wrong." So I tell him everything that's happened. When I'm done he looks up at the sky. We say nothing and just listen to the world.

"So what do you think?" He hums softly.

"Well I think you're being silly about being ugly." I huff and he gives me a face.

"Let me finish!" I roll my eyes and laugh.

"But I really do think you should make him notices you." I look at him like he's crazy.

"Have you seen me?! He doesn't really go for girls like me and besides he looks at me like a little sister." I laugh.

"Well then change his mand!" He pushes me to the side and I push him on the arm.

"And how well I do that? May I ask Car?" He rolls his eyes and laughs.

"How the hell should I know? Go online! Search up how to make a guy notices you! I don't know!" He laughs. I narrow my eyes at him. Is he making fun of me.

"Are you making fun of me?"

"Well...ah kind of." He laughs out loud and catches the eyes of some people near by. I pull back my arm and punch him in the stomach. He goes ah! And I laugh at the face he makes.

"Hey that was that for!?"

"For being a jerk!"

"Yeah but no need to hit me!" I laugh and shake my head. He smiles and puts his arm around my shoulder again.

"Thanks... " he looks at me and smiles.

"No prob Park. Now come on let's ride." with that he stands up and grabs his board. We ride for a little bit. He teaches the new moves and we play around. My phone beeps and I look who's texting me. Wes's angry face appears on the screen. I had taken the photo when he was yelling at me for something.

Wes: "Hey where are you? Come home the guys are at the house."

Me: "I'm at the skate park. I'll be right over."

I put my phone back in my jeans and look at Carter.

"Sorry Car I got to go."

"Yeah don't worry Park." He waves goodbye and I roll down the street. When I get home I hear yelling. I run up the steps to my house and open the door.

"Ok! No need to cry! I'm here now!" The guys at in med bite of the food in our house and look at me. Sups and heys are yelled at me.

"So what are you guys doing?"

"Well you know the usual." John says. I nod my head, I throw my skateboard in the living room and grab a slice of pizza.

"So what did you guys do when I left?" They look between each other.

"Well you know the usual." John says again. I almost choke on the bit of pizza in my mouth. I roll my eyes and throw the slice down on the table.

"I think I just throw up a little." They all laugh at me. When we're done eating we walk over to the living room. We throw ourselves on to the couch and look through the channels. One by one the guys fall asleep. I keep going through the channels trying to find something good. I come across the movie called she's the man. Oh geez what kind of movie is called she's the man? I throw the remote somewhere on the couch. Leaning back into the couch and watch the stupid movie. I laugh as the girl comes up with the bright idea to be a man. She goes through everything, making everyone think she's a man and falling in love with her roommate. When the end of the movie comes I'm left with this deep and ugly feeling in my stomach. What kind of movie is this!? That was class aid bull shit! I can't believe she ends up with the guy in the end. In real life that wouldn't happen! In real life she ends up all alone. Left waiting for the guy at the poud. Maybe this is why I hate romance movies. Wes moves closer to me, letting his head fall on my shoulder. I look over at him and feel my breathe suck into my lungs. I move my hand to move the hair that had fallen in his face. Why can't you look at me. What do I have to do for you to look at me.

Go online!

The tiny voice says in the back of my head. My minds wonders back to what Carter said. But what would I look up?

Look up how to make a guy notices you.

I sit there thinking about whether I should do it. Maybe Carter is right. Maybe I should try it. I get off the couch and look for my lap top. When I find it I walk back to the couch. I turn it on and go to Google. My fingers fly over the keys, typing in the words. Nothing pops up or tells me what to do. So I sit there and think. What about?

How to be a girl? For dummies

A million things pop up, telling a bunch of different things. None of them really understanding to me. I look over to the videos and see people talking about stupid stuff. The videos of people stop and music starts to show up. A video strikes my interest. So I click the video and it starts to play. There's no video just a girl completely naked and on a cloud. The songs starts and I hear the lyrics carefully. Oh my god this is my life. I look down at the name of the song and I feel my mouth drop.

Just one of the boys by katty perry

By the end of the song. I know what to do. I need to become a girl and I have to do it before school starts. This is how I'm going to make Wes look at me. But I'm going to need help.