Chapter 9

"So you ran?" I look up from the vanilla milkshake I've been playing with for the past hour while I told carter everything that happened yesterday.

"Yeah, what did you expect from me? I was completely drenched!" Carter rolls his eyes at me then takes a bite out of his burger.

"You should've just acted like nothing's wrong." His mouth full of food and I reach over to take a fries from his plate.

"Yeah, that would have gone over great!" I laugh eating more fries.

"The big problem isn't that he didn't see me but now what do I tell him? I can't say that I saw him kissing Victoria and then ran away. This whole thing was stupid from the start! I thought he would fall for me just because I dressed differently. Who was I kidding he still sees me as his little sister!" I took a long sip from my milkshake trying to claim myself.

"I think I have an idea!" Carter said with a smile as he finished his meal and pushed the plate away from him. I raise my eyebrows at him and cross my arm on the table than lean in to get closer to him.

"Wow, that's a shocker!" He gave me a look while I gave him a cheeky grin.

"Ok, ok. Hit me with it."

"The first day of school is tomorrow, right?" He grabs my shake taking a sip.

"Yeah, so?" I roll my eyes at him.

"Well, your friends have never seen me before. Seeing how we both have our own groups. So tomorrow you come walking through dressed hella fine. All the boys are drooling over you. Then I come in walking over to you and spending all the time we have during classes and lunch to be together. Then I ask you out on Friday. You also make sure not to even talk with him that much like you do now." I interrupt him now seeing where he's going with this.

"So you want to make him jealous?" Carter smiled and lent back into the booth crossing his legs under the table.

"Exactly!" I shook my head then put my right hand under my chin.

"Why would that make him jealous? He'd probably smack you on the head then tell you that you better treat me right!" I laughed and rolled my eyes with the image of Wes trying to be a dad.

"Now here's the hard part that you're not going to like." He moved forward again to grab my milkshake.

"Oh, god I don't know how I feel about this." I huff at his comment.

"I ask you out on a date. But you've never been on a date which is true." I kick him under the table making him cringe at the pain.

"Was that the part that I would hate?!" He holds up one hand and brings the other to rub his shin.

"No, but this is. You ask Wes to take you out on a pre-date? Then you both act like it's a real date but not really, magically he falls for you!" I laugh at his words while he pays for the food and we leave the diner.

"That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard!" I breathed a laugh at him. We got into his car to drive to the stake park. We get there in no time and stake while making tricks. After some time we stopped and walked under to our tree.

"Why do you think this would work to you?" I laid down on my back picking the grass with my fingers.

"Yeah, I think it's a great idea! What would hurt to try it out?"

"I don't know? Maybe that I could hurt him lying to him like this."

"You do realize you lie to him when you don't tell him you love him, right?" I looked over at his face as he looked up at the sky. He was right in a way but this was lying in a whole other way. I wasn't just lying about, not like him but now I would have to lie about dating someone else. I look back at the sky as while trying to hold my breath so a few minutes.