Chapter 7 (step three: make-up)

"Shit!" I pull away from the pan I'm using to cook lunch. Looking down at the pink colored finger I walk to the sink. Dean walks in and looks at me with a smile on his face.

"What dip shit!?" I pull my hand out from the water and dry my hands. As you can see I can't stand pain.

"Nothing...just thinking of what else we have to do with you next." I nod my head going back to cooking.

"Guys, the foods ready!!" I put the pasta in the middle of the island and they all come out of the living room.

"It smells great!" John shoves his food in his mouth making it hard to understand him.

"Thanks." I beginning to eat just as Wes speaks up.

"Ok guys the party is next Friday. All that we done is change her clothes. Now the next thing is make-up."

"No. Is the only thing I'm saying. I'm not wearing make-up. I hate that I have to wear make-up to get people to look at me. I know that's what I want but I want to be notices by me. Not by how I look with make-up."

"Come on, just a little bit."

"No!" I say louder.

"Have you ever tried it?" I look up from my pasta to look at Wes.

"No, I've never tried it and I don't want to." He sighs and rubs the back of his neck. I could tell he was bothered by me.

"That's why you should try it. After we're done eating we're going to a make-up store.”

"No."

"Do you want us to help you or not? You have the clothes down. Now all that's left it make-up, hair and how you have to act to get boys." I looked at him funny.

"You know I've talked to boys before, right?" I grab all the dishes when their done.

"Yeah we're not saying that you don't know how to talk to boys. We're just saying you don't know how to keep guys talking to you." Alex says. I give him a flat look.

"Thanks. You're so sweet."

"Hey, you asked for help not sweetness." He raise his hands in surrender. I roll my eyes at him.

"Ok fine, just let me go get dressed." I walk up to my room and change out of my clothes. I look at the mirror at my outfit. It was just a simple pair of short high waist jeans and my led zeppelin shirt. I put my frizzy hair in a high pony tail. I grab my hightop convers. I got the pair of jeans from the clothes mom give me and I always had this shirt. I walk down the stairs to the guys. They were all waiting for me at the foot of the stairs.

"Huh, you don't look bad. I would do you." John said earning him a slap on the head by Dean.

"Thanks, John." I say with a laugh

"No, prob."

"Yeah your legs look great in those shorts. Mom did a great job." Vic looked me up and down. We leave the house and get into the car. We walk into the make-up store.

Holy shit! I didn't know there could be so many make-up.

There are row and row of make-up. Even the walls had make-up on them. In the middle of the store was a place to sit with lady next to a mirror. They had their own table. Fill with a lot of make-up as well. Automatic I felt out of place and weird. I don't belong here. We walk up to a very young girl. She looks at least nineteen. She's beautiful with her brown hair in waves. Her eyes a green color that stand out with the make-up she's wearing.

"Hey, we're here for her." Wes smirks at the girl. She smiles at him than looks at me with any ugly face.

"How can I help you?" Her voice high and very annoying made me want to punch her in the face.