Chapter 6 (step two: clothes)

Eight laps around the field. When you're done you can leave. Couch yells at us. We got into position and run when she blows the whistle. By my fourth lap Wes came staking down the sidewalk. I could feel his eyes on me the whole time. We all finished at the same time. I grab my gear off the floor and made way to the lockers.

"Is that your boyfriend?" Amanda (the new goalie of our team) said.

"No, he's just a really good friend." I say as I slip off my lacrosse shirt. I open the door to the locker room and step into the showers. When I'm done no one is in the locker room. Again I grab my gear and walk over to Wes. Wes laughs at a joke one of the girls from the benches makes. He doesn't notices me as I step up behind him. One of the girls notices me. She makes an ugly face and points at me.

"Who's that?" Wes looks to see who she's pointing to.

"Oh! This is my little sister!"

Call me sister one more time! I dare you!

"Yeah, hey." I give a small wave. The girl gives me a smile, but I can tell it's not a nice one.

"Hey!" She says all too happy. I move my eyes over to Wes and pull on his shirt.

"Come on, I want to go home." Wes looks down at me and nods.

"Ok let's go, bye girls!" He winks at them and they all sigh.

Really!?

We get on the long board and stake home. We turn the corner to my house and notice Wes's dad's car in the drive way. I feel my face pale as I hear crashing and screaming. Whenever he comes early from work. He ends up beat up Wes badly.

"Wes! Where the hell are you!!" His dad yells. Wes walks over to the door. I feel my body move on its own. I grab Wes by the arm and pull him towards me.

"Don't go!" I whisper. Wes looks me in the eyes and smiles.

"I'll be fine, shorty." He pats my head softly. As he reaches the door he looks at me one last time.

"Don't wait up." He winks and disappears behind the door. I slowly walk over to my house with my board in hand.

"Ha! There you are!" I hear his dad say as I walk into my house. I put my head against the door.

Please don't let that asshole hurt him too much.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Sweetheart! Are you home!?" Moms yell rings throughout the house.

"Yes I am!" I yell in my room.

"Well, come down here!" I sigh as I get off my bed and go down the stairs.

"Yeah, mom! Where are you?" I say looking for her.

"I'm in the kitchen!" I walk into the kitchen and see her holding the Victoria's secret bag.

"Why did you go to Victoria's secret?"

"Um...I wanted to get rid of my sports bar and girl boxers." Mom makes a confused face and looks at the bag again.

"Why? You never care about those things before." She ask as she walks over to me.

"Um...what if I told you I didn't want to be a tomboy anymore?" She looks at me for a long time not saying a word.

"Why? And don't lie." I bite my lip to her question.

"I'm doing it so that guys would notices me." She raises an eyebrow at me.

"And this has nothing to do with Wes, right?" I feel my cheeks burn as the blush takes over my whole face.

"Yes, it does have to do with him." She nods her head and puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Sweet...you shouldn't change who you are just for a boy." I look at her in the eyes

"I just want him to look at me for once. I want him to see me like a girl. I don't want him to see me like one of the guys, or his little sister." I say with hate and anger. Mom nods and claps her hands together.

"Fine! Then I'll help you!" I look at her like she just grow another head.

"No, mom! You work all day. You should rest. Not help you poor tomboy daughter."

"Don't be silly. That's what mothers are for. To help their daughters. So what do you need help in?" I hugged her with all my strength. She laughs as I pull away from her.

"Um...I need help with my clothes. Wes and the guys tried to help. It just didn't end well." Mom smiles and runs up the stairs.

"Um...mom?"

"Just wait!" She yells. Five seconds later she running down the stairs with bags in her hands.

"Mom what is that?"

"This are all the clothes you never try on." I feel my checks heat up. Mom throws the bags in the living room. She grabs my arm and drags me to the room.

"Mom trust me nothing looks good on me."

"Don't be silly! You look after me! Everything is going to look good on you."

"No, I look after dad." I pick up one of the shirts in the bags.

Huh, I actually kind of like this one.

I'm right when I say I take after my dad. Sometimes people don't even believe that my mom and I are family. The only thing that I got from my mom was my green eyes.

"The reason why nothing looked good on you was that those stupid boys don't know how to dress a girl. I dress models for a living. Now let's get to work!" She claps her hands together and squeals. We try on every pair of clothes. Seeing which one looks good and what looks bad. By the end of everything. Everything that was in the bags looked amazing on me.

"Thanks mom you're amazing." I hug her and kiss her on the cheek. She smiles and pats my head.

"I love you honey and when Wes see you. He'll fall deeply in love with you." I feel myself blush and I softly punch her on the arm.

"I love you, mom." I said as she ruffled my hair. We walk up the stairs and put in my new clothes in my closet. I leave some of my old clothes or the ones that I really like. When we're done mom walls to leave the room.

"Baby..." She says as she turns around to look at me.

"Yeah, mom?" I sit down on my bed. She walks over to me and grabs my hand.

"What will you do if Wes still doesn't look at you even after you do all of this." She waves her hand in the air. I let my eye wonder over to Wes's house.

What will I do?

"I guess I'll just have to get over him. It won't be easy but I'll have to do it." Mom squeeze my hand.

"I love you, honey." I smile and squeeze her hand back. She leaves the room and I back at his house.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I feel someone crawl into bed with me. The person wraps their arms around me. Pulls my close to their body. I know it's Wes so I don't freak out. I turn on the lamp and turn to look at him. I feel my heart break when I see his face. A black and purple bruises covers his left eye. His upper lips looks busted and his cheekbone has a small cut on his face.

"He did this, didn't he?" I whisper.

"It's fine shorty. Go to bed." He says as he pulls me closer. I letting him move me closer to him.

"One of these days I'm going to kick his ass." Wes chuckles and rolls his eyes.

"Just shut up and go to bed." He rolls over and gives me his back. I move over to him and wrap my arm around his torso. Falling into a deep sleep once again.

°°°°°°

Try my other books

1.) The Little Kitten And The Big Bad Wolf

2.) She's Just Like Magic