Chapter 8

Today's the party...the big summer party. I still can't believe that summer is over. No more hanging out late at night or spending all our time together. We're all seniors now, no longer little kids. I'm currently sitting on my bed painting my nails, a black color. I've never put on any other color. A soft knock comes at my door.

"Come in." I say. The door opens and mom walks in.

"Are you almost ready for the party?" She looks around, more at me and puts her hands on her hip.

"Why aren't you ready?" I look down at what I'm doing and give her a cheeky smile.

"I'm doing my nails!" Mom laughs at me and goes to my closet. She opens the door, looking for clothes. She pulls out a dress that had small flowers on it and small straps. With a sweater jacket thing with stars on it. She's pulls out black boots.

"What's that for?" She looks at me like I've grown another head.

"What do you think silly! It's your outfit for the party." I make an ah sound and grab the clothes.

"It's really nice mom...I love it!" She smiles and pushes me into the bathroom.

"Go take a shower. You only have a few hours to get you ready." Getting off the bed I make my way to the bathroom. I take off my clothes and jump in the shower. I dance and sing as I let the water wash away and over my body. I step out to put a towel around me. I put on my matching lace black bra and underwear. I put on a big shirt to walk out of the bathroom. Mom stands there with a bunch of make-up and hair products on my bed.

"Whoa! Where do you keep all this stuff mom? It looks like Bed Bath & Beyond." She laughs, rolling her eyes at me she makes me sit down. She gets to work, pulling and plucking at me. By the end, I feel like a Barbie doll. I put on the dress and the other things. She grabs my shoulders to turn me around to face the mirror. I smile not surprise by the magic my mother can do with makeup. She gave my hair a side parting. Making it look natural and wavy. Not the usually frizzy mess. My eyes were smokey eyes and my lips a sweet pink color. I look down at my outfit and have to say.

Hot damn!

The sweet flowered dress was simple but with the blue star jacket and fishnet stockings, black rocker boots. Made the outfit look badass!

"Mom! You made me look hot!" I yell, pointing at the girl with big eyes. Mom chuckles at my words shaking her head.

"You were already hot. I just made it come out more." I blush at her words shaking my head. My phone sounds off. I grab it to see why.

Wes: Hey, we're going over to the party see you there, shorty.

Me: On my way bitch!

Wes: I am here, shorty.

Me: Ok, see you soon.

I type back to him. I say bye to mom and grab my board. I run out the house and throw it on the floor. I feel a very tiny drop of rain on my face, rolling my eyes I ride faster. If I don't hurry it'll rain on me and everything mom went through will go to waste.

++++

The rain pours harder as I reach her house. The house, lit with bright colors, music pounding loud throughout the house and down the street. A person sits on the porch, smoking something I don't want to think about it. Another set of people, a couple were making out on the side. Going as far as taking off some pieces of clothing. I myself stand in front of the house, not under the roof of the porch. I push away my wet strands of hair out of my face. I must look so stupid right now, completely soaked to the bone. I walk up the steps; not really caring that the person that was smoking stopped and looked at me.