Chapter 4: A New Best Friend?

Niall's POV

Zayn's flirting with Bailey, I can tell. We all sit in a circle for Truth or Dare and Zayn sits down right next to her. Anger bubbles up inside of my chest as I see Zayn lean over and whisper something into MY Bailey's ear.

Wait...she isn't my Bailey anymore. We used to be best friends when we both lived in Ireland. Then, when she moved, she never called or emailed or texted me. Not one time. I was heartbroken, but my sadness turned to anger and that's what I'm feeling now.

I am going to KILL Zayn! Bailey giggles at whatever Zayn said to her, she leans in and rests her head on Zayn's shoulder. He looks as surprised as I am, but then he smiles.

I cringe and storm out of the room.

Zayn's POV

I whisper a joke in Bailey's ear. She giggles her amazing laugh and surprises me by resting her head on my shoulder. I smile at the feeling of her touch and I see Niall storm away angrily.

Oh well, poor him. He never told ME that I couldn't flirt with Bailey.

She is really beautiful. Her long brown hair is falling into her face. She has beautiful long eyelashes and chocolate brown eyes that mesmerize me with one look. 

I reach over and tuck her hair behind her ear to get a better look at her beautiful face. Her cheeks are flushed from excitement and rosy with blush. Her smile is so bright. She looks up at me to meet my gaze.

I smile at her and gently take her hand.My palm tingles where our skin is touching.

"Ahem," Louis clears his throat. "Are you two lovebirds ready to play?"

I blush and look around. Everyone, including Niall, who seems to have returned, is staring at us.

Bailey blushes furiously and immediately pushes off my shoulder. I look at Niall sheepishly and his eyes are like daggers.

"Welcome to Truth or Dare with One Direction!" Louis says in a deep announcer voice. "Tonight's episode is featuring Bailey Allovan and Sarah Mullen. Bailey will be going first. Bailey...truth or dare?"

Niall's POV

I look over at Bailey. I have a feeling I know what she is going to say.

"Truth!" She exclaims. Yep, I knew it. She's so adorable when she's excited!

Wait....WHAT????? Bailey is NOT adorable! She's a jerk! She left me!

"What is your biggest fear?" Louis asks, eyeing Bailey.

This is a bad question for her. The answer is water. She is deathly afraid of water. The reason is because her dad and older brother Caleb were out fishing on their boat, the day after Bailey turned 13. A speedboat came, just as Dan (Bailey's dad) had caught a fish. Dan wasn't looking and the speedboat didn't stop.It hit Dan. He went unconscious and their boat flipped. Caleb broke his arm when the boat flipped and Dan drowned.

Caleb always felt like it was his fault and i bet he still does to this day. That's why he's so overprotective of Bailey and Lila.

Lila is Bailey's twin sister, the only way i can tell them apart is that Lila has a small freckle next to her left eye.

Anyway, back to Dan. Dan and I were close. He ALWAYS teased me about my crush on Bailey and then I would always ask him the same thing: how he met Michelle (Bailey's mom). I always liked to hear the story.

After my parents divorced, my mom and I became pretty distant. Dan was the one I could always talk to, no matter what. He played catch with me and even came to my football (soccer) games with Bailey, Lila and Caleb. 

I was really sad when he died, but I had to be strong for Bailey. She cried that whole day up in the tree house in her backyard, and i stayed with her. 

All of these memories were forgotten when she abandoned me. Now that I am with her again, it's all coming back.

I am snapped out of my memories when I hear a sob. I look up to see Bailey crying into Zayn's shoulder, probably remembering that horrible day when her dad died.

I can't help but think that I should be where Zayn is, having Bailey crying on MY shoulder.

But it looks like Bailey has a new best friend. Zayn Malik.

____________________________________________________

so uh (*sob) youve probably heard by now that uh (*sob) Liam and Danielle broke up (*sob) but because we've already written a lot, we're just going to say for purposes of this fan fic that they are still together. PAYZER LIVES!!!

we know that the last couple chapters have been short so we promise to update soon!!!

tell your friends, please!

xo Maggie and Izzy