Trial and Error

She finally met Albert. Albert is an engineer and a perfect gentleman. He confessed he's really interested in her when Cholo showed her picture.

Thank you was all she could say. Nahihiya pa sya kay Albert. Albert technically speaking suffered from a heartbreak with his childhood sweetheart. Pareho sila ni Gwen na iniwan. She felt comfortable with him upon knowing his story.

"But I'm wondering. Wala talaga kayong something ni Cholo? Kase if I were him. Id keep you to myself."

Natawa si Gwen and shook her head. "His cousin married my best friend and were friends. Wala kaming something."

"Talaga? I knew Cholo since high school. Mga katulad mo yun type nya. Pero hindi mo talaga sya type?"

Naninigurado talaga si Albert. She honestly answered him, "Fine. I like him but the feeling isn't mutual. You know I'm tired of one sided love kaya I'm hoping somebody else would take me."

" I like you and your honesty, Gwen." He held her hand. " I hope you'll like me too. Wanna try a relationship with me?"

She nodded her head.

"You got to be serious about that. I wont let you take your words back."

Natawa si Gwen sa sinabi ni Albert but she nodded her head again. "You just have to assure me you wont break my heart again."

"Promise."

"Its agreed then."

"You wont regret this." Albert kissed her hand.

Albert drove her home. She was expecting Cholo would be there waiting for their arrival like the previous dates she had but he didn't show up.

They exchanged numbers. Albert really showed great interest in her but she doesn't seem to be happy about it.

She tried dialing Cholo's number pero nang sumagot ang nasa kabilang linya ay napipilan sya. Sge doesn't know what to say.

"Gwen? May problema ba?"

She hanged up. Merely hearing his voice makes her heart beat fast. Nagring muli ang phone. Cholo wad now calling her. She cleared her throat.

"Hello. Cholo?"

"Yeah. How did the date go?Sorry hindi ako nakapunta ha. Medyo busy kasi."

"It's okay. Nakakaabala ako? Kumain ka na?"

"Hindi pa. Marami kasing inaasikaso. Ikaw? Nabusog ka ba?" he teased.

"Grabe ka." she giggled.

"Gutom ka pa no? Tsk. For sure nagpigil ka kumain."

"Stop worrying about me. Kumain na ko. Ikaw nga ang hindi pa kumakain."

"I need to end the call Gwen. Matutulog ka na ba? Tawagan na lang kita later."

"Sige."

An hour passed pero hindi pa rin tumatawag si Cholo. He must be very busy. Nagulat si Gwen nang may kumakatok sa pinto nya.

She was surprised to find Cholo at her doorstep. Cholo looked really tired pero ang gwapo pa rin. Napatingin sya bigla sa suot nyang pajamas. Naconscious tuloy sya bigla.

"Hindi ka na ba pwede tumanggap ng bisita?"

Saka sya nagising sa pagkabigla at inanyayahan si Cholo pumasok. Nilabas ni Cholo ang dalang pagkain.
"Eat with me. Wala akong oras kanina eh."

She was delighted with the thought na pumunta pa si Cholo sa kanila para makasabay lang sya kumain.

They were smiling at each other while enjoying the meal. Nagulat na lang si Gwen na pinupunasan ang gilid ng labi nya ni Cholo.

"Ang kalat mo kumain."

Napapahiya namang inagaw niya ang napkin kay Cholo. Namumula sya sa pagtitig ni Cholo.

"Kumain ka na nga lang."

Dinagdagan pa ni Cholo ang laman ng plato nya. "Kumain ka ng marami."

"Tataba ako nyan."

He pinched her face. "E ano naman? Cute nga yung mataba."

"Mataba ang type mo?"

Nagulat naman si Cholo sa tanong nya pero nakabawi agad. "Since when did you get interested with my type?" he teased.

"H-hindi. I mean..." wala syang maidahilan. "Fine! I'm curious."

He seemed amused but he just changed the topic. His mood changed when she mentioned about Albert. Nagmamadali na rin itong umalis dahil may gagawin pa raw.