Chapter 13: Normani

Life on the road with your crush and her girlfriend is harder than you'd expect. It was torturous to see them together, and they were together all the time. I mean, I get it, they like each other, but sometimes I felt like they were just flaunting their relationship in my face. It was as if they were screaming, "Hey, look at us! We're the perfect couple! You'll never be in a relationship as perfect as ours!" I hated it.

Also, I hated the fact that I felt like I was ruining the group. Actually, scratch that. I hated the fact that I was ruining the group. No matter how many times Ally tried to deny it, I knew it was true. I was the reason that we sucked last night. I was the reason we were growing apart. I just hoped that I wouldn't be the reason that we all split up. I don't think I'd be able to deal with that.

".... Yesterday was hard, but we can get through this, okay? I know it," Ally had been talking for a while, but I wasn't really listening.

I went back to my thoughts and my worries. I had to find a way to sort this out. I had to find a way to make everything better and get the group back to the way it used to be. I couldn't let us just head in this direction. We couldn't just crash and burn. I wouldn't let us. But what could I do?

"... My tractor had been dating the moon for some time now, and-"

"What?" I questioned Ally. Was she okay?

"I've been telling you obscenities for the past five minutes to get you to listen!" Ally was exasperated, "Well thank the Lord you didn't hear the other ones, especially the one about Dinah."

"Do I even want to know?" I asked skeptically.

"Probably not," Meaghan piped in, giggling from the couch.

"Well at least I helped one person," Ally shrugged and began to walk away.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Getting the girls up. It's time for breakfast, after all," she answered simply, "And when you're ready to listen, I'll be here with some advice up my sleeve."

Fuck. I just messed that up, too, didn't I? I just ignored Ally. Of all people, I did that to Ally? I couldn't do that. I mean, it's Ally. She's too sweet and perfect to get ignored. I made a mental note to make it up to my friend somehow. I couldn't just let this pass without doing something to apologize.

Soon, everyone was up and we were all having breakfast together. Well, everyone except Lauren. She was "sleeping." I think that she was just avoiding me. Then again, I deserved to be avoided, didn't I? I wouldn't want to talk to me either after all of this. I just wish it didn't hurt so much. I sighed to myself as I ate my pancakes with everyone else. They all seemed in a much better mood than last night, but there was still a lot that needed to be fixed.

I just had to come up with a plan...

*** hey guys!!! Sorry this is short, it's kind of just filler but I feel like it's important. I PROMISE that for the next little while there will be some awesome Camren moments. So there's that to look forward to! Also, I really hope you guys are still reading this and liking it. I know that I took two years before coming back to this, but I really mean it when I mean that I'm sorry, okay? I hope that you guys forgive me and are ready to go on the emotional roller coaster ahead!!