5

I feel like my heart is in my throat. And I'm about to throw up.

"You-" Taehyung whispers softly into my ears. My body is already all warmed up in his embrace. "You're naïve and small. You're clumsy and annoying. And that makes me want to protect you more." He sighs and I get goosebumps at the warm breath against my ears. "I'ts making me crazy."

"Taehyung.."

He pulls us apart and holds both my shoulders firmly. "From today onwards, I'm not going to treat you like a temporary girlfriend anymore. Don't talk to other guys or even think about them. You can rely on me now. You're mine."

I feel my face flushing red to my ears. I can't help myself from smiling. I bring up my eyes to meet his and I can almost feel the sincerity radiating through his pupils. It's alluring.

I take a step closer and hug him, a step I wouldn't have take if not for him. "Thank you, Taehyung."

~

For the next few weeks, Taehyung really kept to his words. Now, he walks with me to school so mom doesn't have to bother herself with me. We meet with each other during recess and I shockingly do not bother with the eyes following us. I also got to know him better; that he wasn't just a arragont playboy. He was kind and gentle, always making sure I was at comfort even it meant that he will be on the loosing end. Sometimes he can get over protective. Like that one time a guy came over to my desk to ask about homework; Taehyung kept messaging me about who he was and whether I was cheating on me. How cute.

Right now, I'm stuck with him under the comfort of my house, doing essays which I see no progression in.

"Can we rest? Aren't you tired? Come on lets go somewhere fun! Ice skate? Or cuddling over there at your couch?"

I flick his forehead and hiss under my breath, "That essay isn't going to write itself."

"Neither will our marriage certificate." He chuckles.

"Yah! What crap are you spewing."

"Oh! You cursed! Hah Shin Yujin cursed!" he teases me while poking at my arm.

"That wasn't a curse word you block head."

"Oh! That wasn't something nice to say!"

I laugh and smack him lightly on the arm. He reacts and pulls me out of chair, picking me up before spinning me around.

"Yah! Hajima!" I say in between laughing. All of a sudden, we hear a thud and he immediately stops.

"Shit." Taehyung mutters. He puts me down and I notice what broke. Yerin unnie's photo frame.

"Oh god, I'm sorry." He says with a hand in his hair.

I crouch down and pick up the wooden frame and broken glass that protected her picture. "It's fine I can always the replace the frame you know."

"Hajima, you'll hurt yourself." Taehyung nags while pulling my hand away.

"Aniya, I can do it." I protest while collecting the broken fragments. He didn't stop me this time. I didn't expected him to. I stand up and made my way into the kitchen to throw the shattered glass into the dust bin before picking up a broom and dust pan. As I walk out of the kitchen, Taehyung was up on his feet with the picture of Yerin Unnie in his hand.

"She's pretty, right?" I say.

He flashes a smile but still eyes the picture. "She looks exactly like you."

I walk over and started sweeping up any small broken glass. "Yea, I wish she didn't though. I wouldn't have to remind myself of her so much." I murmur. Taehyung snatches the dust pan and broom from my hand with a straight expression, it shocks me a little.

"I'll buy a new frame. Go do your essay, I'll clean up from here." He says.

I nod my head and went back to my chair. Taehyung is acting...odd. Maybe I don't know him as much as I think I do. I guess so.

Suddenly, my phone rings and it's a contact I don't recognize. I pick up the call and press the phone to my ear.

"Hi! This is Yujin, right?"

"Nae. Dugusaeyo?"

"It's Jaena!"