Sharod and Jayla

Sharod and Jayla

"What's up pops?" Sharod said as he walked over for a handshake. Instantaneously Jayla ran over and jump on Travis knocking him on his back. "I miss you so much daddy." Jayla pour her heart out as she gave Travis a bear hug that will make a grizzly cry for mercy. Sharod shook his head and walked off to the kitchen with an attitude. I walked over to Candice and asked her, "What's wrong with Sharod?" "Well, he feels like his dad wasn't being responsible. Letting DCF take them away and being selfish with there mother death." Candice said quietly so Jayla or Travis won't hear what she said. "Daddy where were you for all that time, it was like 10 thousand and 78 years?" Jayla said as she think of the largest number in her head. "Your brother didn't tell you honey?" Travis countered to see what she knew exactly. "Nope, he didn't. He told me to ask you when I see you again and now I see you again so again, where you been daddy again?" Jayla then gasp for air. "Daddy went to school for this new job, at the hospital." Travis told a lie, and we knew he didn't think of it before he said it. But of course Jayla would believe it; she's 6. "Okay daddy, I made you something." Jayla said as she got up and sprinted to the back room.

"Candice what's wrong with my son?" Travis asked as soon as he seen Jayla hit the counter. "That's something you got to ask for yourself Travis." Candice said then she looked over towards me, we both knew what was wrong with Sharod. Travis watched us as we made our eye contact, Travis shook his head and got up off the ground. Travis started to walk towards the kitchen and look back at us before entering. Candice gave Travis thumbs up, then he enter the kitchen. Sharod seen his dad walk in the kitchen, then he immediately exits the kitchen. "Sharod why you walking away? Why you treating me like a stranger?" Travis had both hands open with palm facing the air with a confused look on his face. Suddenly Jayla came in the kitchen, "See daddy, it's a bracelet that says dad." Jayla expressed while hold the bracelet in the air. Travis turned Jayla direction and took a knee. "Hey honey put it on for me, which hand you want to put it one." Travis said with a big smile on his face to hide the pain. "The left hand, because I'm a lefty. Are you a lefty? How come Sharod not a lefty? Was Mommy a Lefty?" Jayla let the question rain down on Travis all at once. "No you're the only special lefty baby, but I need a word with your brother for a second princess." Travis said before the question started falling out again. "Why? Daddy he not even in here." Jayla said and Travis looked up and Sharod was gone. "I'll be back" and Travis whispered while getting up.