I Found Him

Mary Lou

       I was so excited that I wasn’t going to break my promise with my mother. I found myself inside my car with my chaperone, “So baby, where is he?” I asked Candice as I put the car in reverse. “Well technically I don’t know his exact pin point but he has been spotted.” Candice explained and my adrenaline; blood pressure started to diminish. (The manhunt continues.) “Where is his area of  location?” I asked with the most unmotivated voice. Candice responded with two words that left the phone with a complete silent, “Mary Lou.” I was speechless and baffled that I didn’t think of that earlier. I just hung up the phone with the saddest look on my face.

        In history, the greatest and worse downfall was caused from female. Now that I think of it, the first sin was involved with a female. I can’t really call this a downfall but more like a butterfly effect. Mary Lou was a pharmacy; she was working at Hollywood Hospital that’s where the story originated. Travis met Mary Lou on a routine trip to the hospital. When Travis and Mary Lou eye connected, it was similar to a plug going into a socket. Electrifying. That created an unbreakable bond and since then they were inseparable. Finally something that was able to break that bond present itself.

       A usual amount of patients seem to traffic and in fact over flood Mary Lou section of the hospital. Habitually Mary Lou gets regular check ups because she’s aware of the threat. Instead Mary Lou looks up and 8 months has passed without a single check up. Mary Lou forced herself to take a day off to check for a day off, even though there wasn’t any time.

       Mary Lou found out that she was infected with the skin infection called MRSA. Which begin emerging in the hospital that Mary Lou has been working at. Mary Lou had the MRSA infection for 14 months by this time. The doctors has been blindsided by this infection and there wasn’t many antibiotics for it at this present time. There were two primary medications at the time Bactrim and Vancomycin and both were ineffective for Mary Lou.

       Mary Lou started to suffer from multiple organs failure and there was nothing that Travis can do. Travis continues to go to the hospital and watch Mary Lou lay there in pain. A few weeks before Mary Lou died they discovered a new antibiotic that can defeat the infection. The medicine was Cubicin, when Mary Lou died Travis got addicted to that antibiotic. Travis was taking the pills as if, he was trying to cure the infection through his body for Mary Lou.

       Mary Lou was buried in Coral Spring; Mary Lou parents requested that location. It was far from the hospital, they wanted Mary Lou to Rest In Peace. Mary Lou parents also wanted to have her buried near them, so they can visit frequently.

       I pulled into Sci Funeral Cemetery and I can see a person in the field. I was sure exactly where Mary Lou was buried but I knew Travis would be here. I got out my car and I look north east of the cemetery. I seen a male figure kneeled in front of a tombstone. I made my way in that direction, I didn’t know what I was going to say but I was going to say it.

Cemetery 

       I got closer to the position of the male figure and I can her the sob. (This is not going to be a comfortable talk) My mind was wondering and I tried to close those thoughts out. I had to be strong for my brother and I know he wouldn’t be in great humor.   At this point I'm close enough to hear soft whispers, (Hold it together man, Hold it together) “Hey big little man!” I called Travis that all the time so he knew it was I approaching. Travis quickly whipped his face, and stood up to his feet as if he was hiding something. Travis started walking towards me in an irregular fast pace; Travis greeted me with a big manly hug. “I came to come get you out the hospital Travis like we planned, why you leave?” I asked Travis while we was hugging. Travis immediately release from the hug and took a step back. “Dwayne I'm not a little boy, I don’t need you to pick me up.” Travis responded with aggression. I frowned but I kept my cool because I knew he was emotional. “Yeah your right Travis, if you asked me I would’ve brought you here.” I expressed, letting Travis have his words with no penalty. “Well there are some things you must do alone. And this was my thing and I didn’t need you or nobody tagging alone.” Travis explained with all the hand gestures included. I took a step back, “I'm sorry, am I out of line for coming to check on my brother.” I answered with my hands up as if I was being held up. “See now you putting word in my mouth.” Travis lashed back. “Then what is it?” I broke my cool. “ You know what, yeah go home Dwayne.” Travis released as if he was feeling attacked by my words. “Sure thing just let me say hello and good-bye to Mary Lou.” I expressed as I went to walk pass Travis. Travis held his arm out, trying to prevent me from passing him. I looked up at Travis and he had a nervous look on his face. “Move out my way!”  I demanded Travis. But Travis refuses to move his arm. I pushed his arm downward and continue to walk toward the tombstone. I turned around and Travis head dropped into his chest as if he let someone down. I walked in front of the tombstone and Travis yelled out. “I can explain, it’s not what you think.” I kneeled down to the tombstone and grab the bottle that was laid in front of the tombstone. “WHY IN THE HELL YOU GOT THESE PILL, I’M TAKING YOUR ASS BACK TO REHAB.” I yelled as I held up the bottle of Cubicin. Travis look up at me, and his face immediately dropped back in his chest.