Chapter 8

Darkness spins around in the mist. Footsteps can be heard coming from everywhere. A man in a red robe walks out from the clouds and hails different names. He says, "Blue Demon." A man in blue robes appears from the clouds with a mask on that reminds everyone of a Chinese demon. Next the man hails, "Shadow." A person in black robes appears and has another mask on but it's a blank slate. Not even eye wholes are one the mask. The only defining mark on there is a black line going straight down the middle. The girl in the black robes asks, "Why have you hailed us from our sleep Grim?" The Blue Demon mutters, "Yes, you know our slumber is needed for our massacre on the humans. You are the one who planned this after all." Grim speaks out, "Yes, I know, but there is a new foe we must defeat before we can go on with our plans but we will have to defeat him in a different way. We need to break his spirits. Let him join the convicts and then our plan will unfold." Shadow asks, "So who is this young lad?" Grim laughs, "It's none other then the new Reaper that has popped up on our map named Edward." They all return to their quarters in the mist and plan for their upcoming action. 

My eyes bolt open to sunlight sparkling through one of the cracks in the ceiling. "Ugh, how long was I knocked out?" Kali looks over at me, "You have been out for at least twelve hours." I rub my head and get up. I walk over to the door where Ghost is posted, "Whatcha doin?" Ghost shushes me and tells me to listen closely. I put my ear up to the door and hear humans talking.

Kid A: Hey, did you hear about that new mass murder who is running around?

Kid B: Yeah, he's so scary! Especially his mask! 

Kid A: Yeah what should we name him? He's gotta have a kick ass name if he's gonna scare people.

Kid C: What about Diablo?

Kid B: That sounds creepy!

Kid A; Diablo it is then! Let's go, this place kinda gives me the creeps.

The sound of foot steps rush off in the water as Ghost gives us all the "clear" sign. I laugh, "So my name is now Diablo? I guess that fits well enough." Ghost pats me on the back, "Hey, you were kinda scary back there when you lost it for a little bit. I thought I was gonna have to kill you." I look at his eyes and tell he is being serious then I shiver to the core just thinking about fighting Ghost and Kali at the same time.We walk in the sewers some looking for the exit so we can have some sunlight. 

We walk on the streets and have some fun around town going from coffee shops to big grocery stores. As we talk about things in general, I hear a truck honk it's horn at a little girl who is crossing the street to get to her mother. The truck is going at least sixty miles per hour, so I jump in and grab the girl and sprint off to the other side of the street. I drop the girl on the side walk and begin walking away. The mother stops me and hugs me for saving her precious daughter as the trucker gets out of his truck and shakes my hand. I smile on the outside as I accepted their gratitude, but I felt dead on the inside. "Why did I help that little girl? I could have watched it just happen, but I jumped in and helped." At the end of the day we head back to the rotten sewers. We go inside the operator room and it is like a ghost town. Everybody and thing is gone except a note on the ground that says, "If you want your people back then come find us at these coordinates." Ghost rushes out the door and heads for the location immediately. Kali looks at me and says, "So, what are you going to do?" I look at her and grunt, "If they are your friends then hell they cannot hurt my friends and get away with it." We follow Ghost straight behind him. 

We get to the location and the one thing we didn't want to see was happening before my eyes. I will never forgive them...