Chapter 10

The sounds of screams fill my nightmares. Human after human falling to the beast's power and strength that outnumbers every man that stands up against it. The monster feeds on the deceased and kills more to feast on. Then came Kali and she is ripped apart by Shadow and the monster goes crazier. The darkness feeds off my anger and becomes stronger as it rips through more people. I finally awake from the wretched nightmare.

I am on a bus all by myself dripping with sweat from my nightmare. I look out the window to see the sign that says Mississippi. "Wow, I have come this far already." I remember when Grim told me to go to where this all started. Lucifer told me that the Reapers started in this state when a little kid made a contract with him. The town of Oxford is where I am headed. The bus hits a bump and I jump a little bit out of my seat. I look out upon the small town and notice a field of flowers swaying in the wind. "How nice, at least God has a since of beauty."

The bus stops at a stop light and opens the doors, "Well, this is my stop." I walk off the bus and a man in a black and white suite with a red flower on his chest greets me, "Hello sir, My name is Butler Scott Haley. I am here to direct you to your estate." He leads me to a mansion on a hill, "This is where you will be staying Master Casterfield." I look at the enormous building before me, "You gotta be kidding me." The butler tells me of some rules to follow as I stay here. 

I open the doors to the mansion and see the beautiful scene that lays unfolded. The crystal chandelier gleams magnificently onto the stairway. Glass panels surround the door to the opening that allows people to see out but not in. I walk up the stairs and into the master bedroom where waiting for me is Lucifer himself, "You have derived from the path you are supposed to be taking Edward Casterfield." I lay down on the bed and mention to him, "So, I didn't know you had such a fancy place on Earth." Lucifer laughs with delight, "You must take me for a person who lives in my cell the whole time. No, I walk among the humans to spread havoc on humanity with my tools of weaponry called Reapers." I smile at his comment, "Must be nice living a comfortable life." Lucifer recalls my contract with him, "You should be at Washington D.C. about now eating General Woods." I give my respects to his command and leave the bedroom, "I don't have time playing children's games." I put up the peace sign and leave the mansion. I need to find out more about the Convicts. 

The next place I travel to is a club called Nightfall. I walk up to the entrance when night has fallen onto this wretched city. The guard stops me and asks for ID. I use my darkness to rip off his head clean and then I devour any evidence left behind. As I enter the club, the music stops and everybody puts their eyes on me. I yell out, "What happen to the party did it die like the guard outside?" One of the men chuckles and mutters through thick breath, "You got guts kid just walking in here, but let me tell you you chose the wrong time to come." His eyes glow red along with all the others as their darkness grows out of their bodies. I grin at the chance to show them my true self. My darkness rips out my body and strikes the old man clean as his blood spills out of him. I then use my Kai to wield a Zweihander as I slice through more people. A random guy stabs me in the leg with his darkness, but I quickly heal from the wound. I turn around and cut him in half with my Kai.

Once the smoke clears, I wind up with few wounds, but the room is clean cut except one guy who didn't fight. He is sitting at the bar top and smoking a cigarette, "So whatcha want kid?" I grab him  by his shoulder and stare him straight into his eyes, "What do you know about the Convicts?" He looks at me and says, "The Convicts are people you don't wanna mess with. They are cold blooded killers that kill for the joy of it. They are not scared of anyone. Shadow, Blue Demon, and Grim are the scariest people alive." I chuckle, "I already killed the two of the fools who messed with me. Now it's Grim's time." The man's eyes widen, "Well then you sure are a bad ass. I guess I'm gonna have to help you out. I'll start teaching you how to fight because the way I saw it, your anger was getting to you." I stumble back, "How could you tell?" He laughs, "It was easy you were wearing your feelings on your shoulders." 

We talk for a while about fighting styles and others, but by the end of the day we split up, and I went back to the mansion. I fall on my bed and fall asleep for the night.