Chapter 6- My Rule

It was a week after Prom night. I smiled every time I remembered that night. His smile was so wide and bright. He made me feel like the only girl in the world. I was falling. Hard. Harder than ever. I didn't know how this was happening. The last time I fell in love, it ended horridly. I didn't allow myself to love anymore. It was my rule. I broke it. Why am I happy about breaking my own rule? Because I might be fine with it this time. I was walking to school, happy to see him another day. When I got to school, he wasn't there yet so I went to the music room. I sat down at the big piano I've come to love. I place my hands on the keys I wanted to play. I felt two big hands place themselves on top on mine. I turn around to see Greyson. I smiled softly and looked down, blushing a little. It was a hour before school started. Why was he here? I didn't feel like asking so I moved it out of my mind. He said something that I was afraid to hear. "I love you." He said to me, looking into my eyes. I blushed deeper and looked down. I waited a few seconds before answering.

I whisper, "I'm afraid of falling."

He smiles, "I'll catch you."

I think I'm fine with breaking one rule.