Chapter 5

A quiet morning arose, Alex laid alone in the sofa, still sleeping. Everything seemed quiet, as if the house was deserted. He reached out to grab Angelie and to his surprise, she wasn't there. He began thinking.

Alex: "Already up?"
Alex: "Maybe she's just freshening up or something.

Right then he remembered the phone incident and instantly reached for it. Still there. This seemed weird to him. His girlfriend was up earlier and his phone was still there with no sign of his girlfriend even being in it.

Alex: "What's going on?"

He got up and put on his shirt, then walked towards the bathroom. He got one of 5 visitor's tooth brushes and began his morning routine. After he'd finished brushing, he headed to the kitchen, nobody. This was really strange, he was home alone, not to mention in the home of her girlfriend's parents. He sat in the couch and got on his phone, scrolling through the contacts till he reached "Angelie." He began texting at her.

Alex: Hey babe.
Angelie: I'm in the back yard with mom, dad and Frances.
Angelie: Your mother's here too.
Alex: Mom?!
Alex: Hold on, I'm on my way.

Quickly making his way to the backward, he crept along the side of the wall, reaching the door that lead to the backyard. Before he exited, however, he stayed in the side of the door, hidden out of sight, hearing their conversation.

Stella: I need to be sure.
Stella: Give me a guarantee, please.
Richard: We don't mind looking after him for a few days like now, but what you're asking is too much Stella.
Claritsa: Richard!
Claritsa: If we were in her place, we'd ask for the same thing.
Claritsa: So far, he hasn't done anything out of hand, you yourself said it the other night, he's not a bad influence, we can trust him.
Claritsa: You can trust him.

Silence overpowered their area for a short while.

Richard: Alright.
Richard: If anything were to happen to you, we'll look after him for as long as it takes, no question about it.
Stella: Promised?
Richard and Claritsa: Promised

Alex: "What could they be talking about? Taking care of who? Could they mean me?"

Angelie: Huh?
Angelie: Guys! He's coming!

Everyone quickly settled as if trying to surprise someone.

Alex: "What day is it?"

As he exited he remembered.

Alex: "Oh shit, its my-"
Everyone: Happy Birthday!!!!

Alex had a strick " No Birthday" Policy. You could say he hated his birthday, but that wouldn't be right, it was more like a "no wanting to celebrate his birthday" thing. Everyone ran up to him, hugging and wishing him a happy birthday. Angelie ran up behind him and jumped on his shoulder, almost knocking them both down.

Angelie: Happy Birthday Baby!
Alex: Damn it Angelie, this was your idea wasn't it?
Angelie: Not entirely, no.
Angelie: Everyone pitched in.
Angelie: Come on baby, its your birthday, celebrate it with us.
Angelie: Please, please, please, please, please, pleaseeeee!!!
Alex: No, no and no!

(She sits him down on the ground while sitting in front of him.)

Angelie: Please baby. *pouts*
Alex: ....
Alex: Sigh, OK fine, stop pouting!
Angelie: Yay! Thank you!!!

They went around, socializing with everyone. Music played just as some danced and others just talked. For a small birthday party. Family, friends and even people from Angelie's neighborhood who he'd never spoken to. Time passed fast, it was already 5 and Stella pulled her son from the big crowd.