13 // Dec. 21 2015

Tatum's POV

I woke up on the couch to the sound of Calum singing in the kitchen. Calum and I must have fallen asleep here last night watching movies.

After stretching, I stood up, wrapping the blanket around myself. I entered the kitchen and saw Cal at the stove, making pancakes. Smiling, I walked over to him, hugging him from behind just like he had done yesterday to me.

"Good morning, baby. How did you sleep?" he asked me, turning his neck so that he could see me.

"I slept well, and you?"

"Amazing. I was gonna make you breakfast in bed-" he cut himself off, pausing for a second then restarting his sentence. "I mean, I was gonna make you breakfast in living room, but here you are, awake. You ruined my plan to be a cheesy boyfriend!" he stuck his bottom lip out, pouting.

I giggled and stepped out from behind him, pulling myself up to sit on top of the counter. "I am so sorry."

He laughed and then said, "My mum called earlier."

"Yeah?" I asked, swaying my feet back in forth.

"Yeah. Wanted to know if you wanted to spend a late Christmas with us. You know, when I go back home in a few days." as he talked, he never looked up from the pancakes he was making, as if the subject of me meeting his family was the most normal thing in the world.

"You're family wants me to spend Christmas with you?" I asked, surprised.

He shrugged, finally looking up at me. "Yeah. Would you want to?"

"Well I mean, yeah." I nodded, still shocked at the subject that has came out of nowhere. Meeting his parents and sister was a huge deal to me. "But it's just sudden. And what if they don't like me..? I mean I'm just some average girl, not some famous person like you." I looked down at my hands that were placed in my lap, biting my lip; something I did when I was nervous.

"You're far from average," he told me. I watched as he moved the pancakes from the pan to two plates. "don't even think that. They'll love you. Remember when you thought the boys wouldn't like you? And they did end up liking you? It's just like that,"

I shook my head. "Mmm, no. It's not like that at all. This is your parents and sister we're talking about, Calum."

He lifted himself up onto the counter next to me, taking my hand in his. "Don't you worry, they'll love you almost as much as I love you." he placed a kiss on my forehead and I felt my stomach erupt with butterflies. The small things like forehead kisses always made me swoon.

You might be confused as to why I was so nervous about meeting Calum's family. I've always had a bit of social anxiety, I'm extremely shy; I don't want to embarrass myself in from of Calum's parents and sister, nor did I want to do anything to make them dislike me. I really want his family to like me, but who knows how it would all play out.

"We're becoming serious, Tatum. I've met your family and I'm spending the holidays with you. I think that means you should meet them."

I sighed, avoiding his eyes. "I just want them to like me."

He squeezed my hand tightly, then pulled it to his lips, placing a kiss on my knuckle. "And they will like you. I talk about you all the time to them, they think you sound amazing."

"They think that, they don't know that."

Calum frowned. "Please, trust me. They'll love you. And if they don't, which they will, who cares what they think? I love you, that's all that matters."

I started blushing at the three little words that meant so much. "Okay, fine. I'll come." he smiled brightly once I finally agreed, then he placed a kiss on my cheek. "I love you, Calum."