Chapter 9

Devin

I think Ricky is completely overreacting about Vinny. I mean I want some proof before I believe it but I wouldn't have kicked him out of the band. That's being a little over dramatic. Maybe I can talk some sense into my boyfriend.
"Hey Ricky baby can I talk to you about something?" I asked while we were laying on the couch together. It was about 2 am but neither of us could sleep.
"What's up Dev?" He looks at me concerned.
"You're not going like it but why'd you kick Vinny out?"
"You're right. I don't like that. Do you really believe him?"
"Kinda." I said after hesitating for a few seconds.
"Really?"
"Yeah. I think its kinda cool."
"You're unbelievable." Ricky rolls his eyes and rolled over to face the wall. After a few minutes of silence I tried to bring it up again but all I got was light snoring in response.
Well then. Guess that's the end of that.
********

In the morning I tried again and Ricky got so fucking pissed so I decided to drop it before he does something hasty like a break up. Instead I went to Vinny and talked to him about this.
"Hey I don't know why Ricky is so pissed but it's not just you. He blew up on me as well. But I believe you." I hugged him and he thanks me for that. I'm gonna try my damnedest to get him back in. Ricky's just talking nonsense. You know what I think? I think he's just scared.