9.

The beginning of this chapter is pretty choppy because I did it like a week before I finished the ending... And stuff. But I promise it's not all bad! ;)

-

The next day was-for lack of better words,weird. Vic definitely kept his promise and took me 'phone shopping'. He was at my house at a ridiculous 9 a.m. I surely wouldn't have been awake that early, but he came to the front door, which my nosey family opened for him, inviting him in. Of course after that, they were waking me up and practically dragging me downstairs to meet him. I didn't allow him to be pestered with questions, and I didn't dare let Josh see him, especially with the conversation we had at the hospital. I was quick to take him out of the house before things got complicated.

"Seriously, you couldn't have waited till I was, oh, I don't know..awake?!" I pestered him when we got inside his car.

"Sorry. I have stuff to do later." He said as we pulled out of my driveway. I wonder what kind of 'stuff' he has to do. I know it's none of my business, but I'm a very curios person. I like to know about other people. I guess it runs in my family.

The car ride was quiet, but it wasn't bad considering the car ride from my house to the mall is very short. We were there in an impressive 7 minutes and were in the nice warmth of the large building.

"So, where's the apple store?" I asked within seconds of walking in. It wasn't that I didn't want to be with Vic, or that all I cared about was getting my phone, but Vic did say that he had stuff to do. Plus, I never come to the mall, I have no idea where anything is.

"Calm down. You'll get your phone, but I also need to get some pajamas." He said then began walking off without me. I quickly scurried from my spot and caught up to him.

"Pajamas?" I asked.

"Yeah, for Friday," He said before walking into a store I didn't see the name of. Friday was the Christmas movie night at SRC. I had almost forgot I was on 'hot chocolate and popcorn duty'. Come to think of it, I need some pajamas too.

"Oh, same." I told him then began looking at all the options we were now in front of. Vic didn't respond to me, but rather looked through all the sleepware as well.

"Okay, I'm ready." Vic said in a few, short moments. Wow, he's fast. I, on the other hand am completely indecisive. "What about you?" He asked, boosting the pressure I was already under. I don't know why I find it so hard to make decisions. I guess because there's always that possible regret you might have later because of what you chose. And while you're choosing, that's all you can think about.

"Um.." I started and then saw bottoms that were a gray-plaid with snowflakes all over. It was super simple, yet festive. I already had a plain, white shirt, so it'll match well. I grabbed the bottoms and turned to Vic.

"Ye-" I couldn't finished my sentence as I was cut off by my own disbelief. Over his arm were the very same pajamas I had just picked.

"You've got to be kidding me."

"Great minds think alike." He said joking, then laughing at his own wittiness.

"Pick something else," I said after a sarcastic laugh.

"What, why?"

"We're not going to have matching pajamas," I explained.

"Oh, come on." He said with an eye roll. "I have a black shirt, so it won't be exactly the same." He mocked.