Chapter Eighteen: Worthy Beauty

Damien Black

I looked on at the scene unfolding below me with an emotionless mask, Sapphire was skilled there was no question about that, she did not rush into it preferring to assess her opponent, she might be worthy to be the Alpha female of my pack after all.

Speaking of my pack, they were too focused on the fight raging below them, they growled as Sapphire threw Karmen around like a mere ragdoll, her evident lack of skill was a disgrace, she'd better thank the stars that I had given her a means to an end.

***************************************************************************

There was an uproar as Sapphire brought her clawed hand down to slash Karmen's face, gasps and growls resounded throughout the arena as her body limply slid down the stone wall leaving her mark in blood. I knew that the fact that she was grievously injured was not what garnered such a response from my pack, it was rather the fact that she had allowed an outsider to win on our home ground that angered them. My blood boiled at even the thought of it as this was something that both my father and I assured won't happen by the use of any means and now after all these years, it had happened.

Judging by the state of Karmen's body I had assumed that Sapphire had ended Karmen's life, but upon a closer look it was clear she did not although her face was too marred and covered by blood. The falling and rising of her chest, however faint, was still visible. Sapphire's chest did the same but in a more rapid succession, as she breathed heavily due to the exertion, her growls were audible to the whole pack as she paced up and down the arena like a starved animal waiting for someone to walk in, so she could devour them. It was obvious that she was angry and was looking for someone to vent her frustration on. Knowing their entrance would ensue chaos, I waved my hand to signal my men to retrieve Karmen and to restrain Sapphire.

They had barely set foot into the arena when Sapphire pounced on them, tearing at them without a shred of humanity. Chloe let out a scream as Sapphire ripped the windpipe right out of one of the guards with her teeth, blood spewed out of his body splattering Sapphire who looked as though she had just been splattered by nothing more than water. She gave a small shake of head spitting the remains from her mouth before moving to the rest.

It was evident to all that the real Bloodbath was not the fight before, but rather the massacre that was happening now. More guards entered the arena only to be felled the moment they entered, it seemed like the carnage would never stop till I notice Sapphire start to sway, her attacks on the guards became increasingly slower. She might heal faster than an average wolf due to her Lycan lineage, but she was still susceptible to silver and the exposure to it from the dagger was preventing her body from healing. She might not feel the pain from her injuries due to the adrenaline flowing through her veins but she was still losing copious amounts of blood, so although she could not feel it, she could not stop it from taking its toll on her.

Seeing my chance, I waved my hand to signal for more guards as Sapphire's movements became increasingly more sluggish and her attacks became feeble, she tried to defend herself as my guards cornered, but unfortunately for her, her once strong powerful punches were now missing their mark. She continued this for a while before collapsing in a heap to the ground. Thirty guards entered the arena and now only five remained. Pathetic

"Sir!"

One of my men called out, probably to ask for instructions on what to do with Sapphire's body.

"Healer. Bedroom."

They gave a nod before carrying her off, some stayed behind to tend to Karmen.

I glanced to my right only to be faced with a pair of very angry eyes, I sighed as I raised a hand to massage my temple, great, the lecture was going to start early today.

"Chloe..."

"Don't, Chloe me! How dare you? Have you lost your ever-loving mind! You gave Karmen a weapon that could actually kill Sapphire, your mate!"

"It was a test! It was to ..."

"A test to what? To test if she was suitable to become Alpha Female? So what if she lost? Were you going to make that coward Alpha Female! For so long I have defended your name, now I see that my brother died years ago, you might as well change your name to Roland because that is who you have become and guess what, he lost his mate too. I cannot believe it has taken me this long but for the first time in years, I finally see the monster you have become."

She turned heel on me and ran out, ignoring my shouts. I watched her retreating figure got smaller and smaller till it disappeared, my guards who were still in the arena jumped as I roared and punched the stone parapet. This was all Sapphire's fault, she was the snake who came into my home and poisoned it, she brainwashed my sister into defying me. I wanted to make her pay for what she did but the want for her still burned deep within me, it made me crave her every time she was near. I smirked to myself as an idea came to mind.

I would make Sapphire my Alpha Female, binding her to me forever, my smirk became a full-blown grin as I thought more of the idea. It would be absolutely perfect as it would punish her by taking away the will she holds oh-so-dear as she submits to me as once the bond was solidified, there was no way of turning back the clock. Furthermore, this plan would greatly benefit me as my pack would see me tame the 'Beast' and make her mine, their respect for me will surge and I would have their unwavering fealty. Her submission would cause me to be feared throughout the other packs, my name would be remembered for centuries to come, moreover, her submission to me would ensure that my future children would have the blood of Lycans running through their veins and I would make sure that unlike my father, my mate will never leave me because this time things were different, the stakes were too high, she was too valuable for me to let go.

I walked back to my room as I received word from my men that the healers have patched her up and brought her there to rest. I opened the door to my room and was rendered speechless when I saw her.

She truly was beautiful as she laid there on my bed, after all that was where she belonged, her copper skin was as smooth as the satin she laid on, the skin on her face was absent of the hard expressions she usually bore and her eyes were framed with a thick fringe of lashes on each side that brushed the top of her cheeks as she slept.

My eyes could not help but roam the rest of her body, her midriff bare, with the exception of bandages that were a contrast to the black satin. Dark blue flowers of different sizes peppered her bare arms and torso contrasting with her copper skin, I felt my mouth go dry as my eyes found her slender neck, her head was tilted in such in her sleep that it exposed the curve of neck that joined to the right shoulder. That would be where I would leave my mark that would make her mine, following the custom set by our ancestors thousands of years ago, my hand drifted to that curve, my fingers splayed across it as I traced it, my canines lengthen, and my head dipped down to her neck as if I were in a trance. I let out a groan as her scent filled my nostrils, my teeth barely scraped her skin before I was stopped by a hand clenching firmly around my own throat.

I turned my head to meet the angry dark orbs that seemed as though they would burn my very soul if I continued staring into them, a force pushed against my neck causing me to stand up straight and stumble back a few steps. Sapphire was now fully awake, her face set into an expression that was beyond that rage, the dark flowers that once covered her sin were now gone, I smirked as I looked right at her, it was time for me to put my trap, one that I knew she would irrevocably fall into.

"How dare you touch me!"

Hi my lovelies,

Time for the question of the chapter:

What do you think of Damien's actions in giving the knife to Karen?

xoxo

S.N Nair

Chapter title: Worthy Beauty