Chapter 2: Heritage Girl

I can feel a shake, is it an earthquake, is this the big one that they're talking about or Katie and Drake is having sex beside me. Slowly opening my eyes and looking if the couple of the year is doing it beside me. Apparently, no drake but Katie is there, trying her best to wake me by shaking me. She also open the curtain wide enough to blind me with the sunlight. She knows that hate sunlight not because I take any whitening supplement but because I don't like sunlight heat on my skin. It is also one of the reason why I go to work so early. Getting up on bed and closing the pink and white stripes curtains of my room. Looking at the mirror beside me, I notice that I'm still wearing my white uniform and even my socks and shoes. "This is what 16 hours and 3 slices of pizza can do" I say to myself went straight to the bathroom to get a shower.

I comb my hair before I went out of the room. The living room is still as messy when I got home, although the underwear is no longer there. I can hear noise on the dining area and it seems like they're playing. Before I entered the dining area, I heard a voice

"Good morning Mommy, let eat. Auntie Katie made my favorite sponge cake"

I smiled as I see, my one and only daughter Flynn. I seat beside her and kiss her on the forehead. On the opposite side of the table is Katie and Nana Brit. Looking at the sponge cake Katie made for Flynn with a face of a bear that looks like it has been ripped off by lion. Flynn Amber Buenaventura turning 4 years old this December. I had her when I was 25 years old, I wouldn't say that she my love child because me and her dad has been together for 7 years and a half. Everything was actually going fine, until something happen and it just ruins everything. Flynn looks so much like his dad, intelligence from me and temper tantrum from her godmother Katie.

His dad Aaron Daniels is actually my childhood friend we've known each other since we were 6 years old and also our family were the best of friends. He's two years older than me. Half Filipino half American but looks a lot like a Filipino. Although his height was the height of an American. We never liked each other when we were little, I called him Penguin and he calls me Shamu. Until we've reach the teen years, I was 14 when we went to this boot camp organized by his uncle. That's the time when we found out that we have lots of things in common and that's how it starts. Making my cup of coffee when my I saw the screen of my phone flash. It was a birthday reminder for my Dad.

"Flynn honey, where going to Pops how later okay, it was his birthday."

Flynn didn't reply and just continue eating her sponge cake. Out of all the traits that she can get from her godmother Katie why it should be her temper.

"It's also Apple's despidida today. We were suppose to meet her, 3 sharp" Katie said.

Two events again, like yesterday but this is a lot better that being with afternoon duty nurse.

I saw Nana Brit coming out of the bathroom with Flynn. Nana Brit has been with me since I was 8 years old, taking care of me making sure I take my vitamins and not spilling it on the carpet and makes me sleep on time. She's almost like my mom, she even know lots of my secret than my mom. She know when and where I lost my virginity, she knows that I have steal money from mom's purse and sometimes is also a good mind reader. She's an old maid. I took Flynn to get her dress while Nana Brit change her clothes.

Looking at Flynn, I can see a female version of Aaron. That's why Aaron demand that Flynn's surname should have been Daniels not Buenaventura but I don't have a choice we are not married and the hospital where I gave birth is asking for our marriage certificate in able to put him as Flynn's father. Aaron still supports our child he gave monthly allowance and even pays an educational plan for Flynn's future and every June his parents send us a plane ticket for us to be able to visit them on Florida. Flynn's favorite month is June because she know that she would be able to see Mickey Mouse again. Visitation was never an issue with both of the parties. It was there right to see Flynn as long as they want although I have that one rule that shouldn't be broken.