Chapter 7

"The Fights"

Dylan’s POV:

            I was putting all of the stuff I needed for the fights tonight into my gym bag. I was ready to get back out there. I know Hannah was a little skeptical about it but she was going along with what I wanted. I was happy that she wasn’t nagging at me like my mother would have done. She was even coming with me tonight just because I asked her to.

            She became more amazing to me every day. She’s always kind and she seems open minded to just about everything. And I haven’t heard her say a negative thing about anyone since I met her. She was just…amazing.

            I still always heard her and her friends talking about some boy that she liked though. It was frustrating that no one would tell me who it was. Hannah was set against anyone knowing. Well except for Ally and Wes who already knew. And you could tell they were great friends because they made sure not to let it slip who it was.

            “You ready,” Hannah said as she walked in.

            “Almost,” I said with a smile as I turned towards her.

            “You sure you’re ready for this,” she asked me.

            “Yes. I’ll be fine,” I said as I grabbed her wrists.

            “Well if you get hurt again you owe me,” she told me with a smile.

            “I owe you what,” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

            “I’ll decide that later,” she said laughing.

            “Well that scares me a little,” I said back with a grin.

            “Oh well,” she said as she stepped away. “I have to get dressed but I’ll meet you downstairs in about twenty minutes so we can go.”

            “Sounds good,” I said with a nod as she walked out.

            Once she was gone I sat on the bed for a second just looking at the wall. I had already been here a week. It seemed like time was flying and I didn’t know how to slow it down. I still had too much to do with Hannah while I was here. I still had so many ideas to try and so many questions to ask. I just wish I had more time. I knew that I could still come around after I moved out but I wouldn’t be as close to her anymore.

            Me and Jared had pretty much incorporated ourselves into her life though. We hung out at school and after school most days. Every now and then we would split off. And now that it was the weekend everyone was coming to watch me fight tonight. I knew that my body wasn’t in the best condition but I was going to fight through it. I refused to lose in front of Hannah.

            I slowly stood up and walked over to my dresser to get my clothes. I grabbed some basketballs shorts and a white wife beater out of it. I quickly changed into it before also grabbing some jeans to pull on over my shorts. I decided to just leave the wife beater on. There was no point in putting another shirt on over it. But I did put a t-shirt in my bag just in case I would need one later. I put on my shoes to before grabbing my bag and leaving out to meet Hannah downstairs.