Chapter 9

"A Party"

Dylan’s POV:

            I was completely ready for the party. I was just waiting around for Hannah to come back. I liked her friends but I didn’t really feel comfortable around them without Hannah. They weren’t like me at all. We had nothing in common. Except for Hannah of course.

            I finally heard a noise and when I looked up the girls had walked back in. I felt my breath stop and my heart go haywire. Hannah was wearing a short black dress with high heels. Her hair was down around her waist and she was grinning at me.

            “How do we look,” Ally asked.

            “Smoking hot,” Michael said with a smirk as he looked at Hannah. I didn’t like that at all and I felt a frown come on to my face.

            “Thank you,” Hannah said as she smiled back at him.

            “How much longer do we have,” Ally asked.

            “About thirty minutes,” Wes told her without looking up from the TV.

            “Great,” she said as she clapped her hands. Hannah walked over to me and sat down beside me. I knew I had a smug look on my face but I couldn’t help it. She had picked me over Michael. She must like me more.

            “Are you actually gonna talk to people,” Hannah asked me quietly.

            “Probably not,” I said with a grin.

            “Why not,” she asked confused.     

            “I’m not really good with people.”

            “But you have so many friends,” she said.

            “I have a lot of admirers. Not friends,” I corrected.

            “You have some friends though,” she said with a smile.

            “Now I do.”

            “You always had Jared.”

            “That’s only one. People like to compliment me but everyone is always a little scared of me because I’m a fighter. That’ll never change,” I said with a sad sigh.

            “I’m not scared of you,” she said as she leaned against me.

            “I’m happy about that. I didn’t want you to be scared of me,” I said seriously.

            “I don’t get why people think you’re all that scary. If they would actually talk to you they would realize you’re a nice person.”

            “I’m not all that nice,” I said with a bitter laugh.

            “You are to me,” she said with a smile.