Chapter 24

"The Start to a Road Trip"

Hannah’s POV:

            Today was the day that we were leaving to head towards California. We were leaving a few days before we had to so that we had time to stop and shop and look around while we were on the road. We wanted to be able to take our time and enjoy ourselves. I really wanted this to be a fun experience.

            I was packing up my last few things. Dylan was outside cleaning the car inside and out. We had made a plan that Jared would take Ally to give them some alone time. Wes would be riding with me and Dylan. I figured since Ally and Jared were a new couple they needed the alone time more. Plus when we stopped at the hotel Dylan and I could go in our hotel room and lock the door to keep them out.

            “Hey girl,” Ally yelled as she ran in my room and jumped on my bed.

            “Hey. What are you doing here already,” I asked.

            “I finished up all of my stuff and I couldn’t wait to get here.”

            “Did Wes come with you?”

            “Yeah. He’s down stairs with the boys,” she said as she rolled her eyes.

            “Boys? Is Jared here,” I asked. I hadn’t heard him drive up.

            “Yeah. When we pulled up he was outside helping Dylan clean the car. They said they were gonna do Jared’s truck to.”

            “Are you excited about the alone time with Jared,” I asked with a smirk.

            “Yes and no. I love spending time with Jared. He’s amazing but at the same time he makes me really nervous. I’ve always had crushes but I’ve never had a boyfriend,” she said with a frown.

            “Jared is a great guy. He would never push you to do anything that you didn’t want to do,” I promised her.

            “I know. He’s always really sweet and really gentle with me,” she said with a love-struck look on her face.

            “Has he taken you on a date yet?”

            “Yeah. We go out all the time. We go to the movies and out to eat. He’s taken me to the park and the other day we went go-karting,” she told me.

            “You guys really were made for each other,” I said as I rolled my eyes and zipped my bag up.

            “We really were,” she said giggling.

            “I’m so ready to get on the road. There’s so many places I want to see.”

            “Me to. I’m glad we added in a few extra days so that we can sight-see,” Ally said eagerly.

            “I wonder how much different LA is from Atlanta.”

            “Probably a lot. We’re gonna have so much fun!”

            “Help me get these bags downstairs to the men,” I said as I grabbed a couple to hand to her. Once we had them all we headed out the door and down the stairs. Everyone had put their bags in my living room. The bags had taken over almost every inch of space.

            “I guess we better go out there and make sure they’re actually getting shit done,” Ally said after we put all of the bags down.