Chapter 22

"Prom"

Dylan’s POV:

        It was the day of prom and the girls had kicked all of us guys out of Hannah’s house. They even made Wes leave. Wes went his house but he told us that he would meet up with us in a little while. So for now I was at Jared’s house watching him fuss over his suit for tonight.

            “When did you become such a girl,” I asked him laughing as I laid back on his bed.

            “As soon as I decided this girl was worth the effort,” he said not even fazed with what I said.

            “You really like her that much,” I asked seriously.

            “Yeah,” he said with a small smile on his face.

            “Good. Ally is confident most of the time but I can tell that she’s worried about if you really like her.”

            “What can I do to make her believe that I really like her,” he asked looking a little frustrated.

            “You need to sit her down and tell her. You have to be serious about it. You have a habit of making everything seem funny like it’s a joke. You have to be really serious when you tell her how much you like her,” I told him.

            “That’s a good idea,” he said nodding before he looked back up at me. “So how are you and Hannah?”

            “We’re really good. I love her so much and we finally got to talk about our futures and what we both want to happen.”

            “What did you guys decide?”

            “We’re going to the same college and we’re getting an apartment together,” I said thinking about our future.

            “Wow. Big step,” Jared said with wide eyes.

            “Not really. We already kind of live together,” I said with a shrug.

            “Yeah but you’re a guest in her house. You have to leave at some point. When you guys get a place together that’s serious. That’s YOUR house. You’ll be living together as a couple. That’s serious,” he said.

            “I guess I didn’t think about it like that. I’m ready for it though. I love her and I don’t want to be away from her. I want to do all of that adult shit with her,” I said grinning.

            “I’m happy for you dude. You guys are seriously perfect for each other.”

            “I know.”

            “So tonight is the night most couples take it all the way. Are you and Hannah planning on that,” he asked looking at me weird.

            “We already have,” I said as I looked away and thought about that day.

            “What?! Why didn’t you tell me,” he asked looking a little hurt.

            “It was a personal thing. Hannah’s not one of those girls I would call you and brag over,” I said looking over at him.

            “I guess I get that. I’ve always heard sex is better when you’re in love. Is it true,” he asked with a creepy smirk.

            “You sound like a pervert.”