Chapter 21

"Serious Discussions"

Hannah’s POV:

        I knew that it was the day I had to talk about the future with Dylan. We would be alone all day so no one could interrupt us. As much as I was dreading this conversation I knew that it had to happen. We had to know where we stood and where we were going.

            Dylan was still in his room so I walked from my room to his door. I knocked a few times before I heard him call out for me to come in. I walked in and saw him standing by his bed pulling his shirt over his head. When he saw me he smiled before coming over to kiss me.

            “What are you doing in here so early,” he asked with a grin.

            “We need to talk,” I said trying not to sound too serious.

            “That sounds like the beginning to a cliché break-up,” he said as his face went from happy to devastated.

            “I’m not breaking up with you,” I said as I grabbed his hand to pull him over to the bed.

            “Oh, thank God,” he said with a sigh of relief as he sat beside me.

            “I think it’s time we talked about our futures. We need to know what to expect.”

            “I think so to. I’ve just been worried about bringing it up. I don’t want to hear the wrong thing,” he said with a frown.

            “I don’t either but we need to know either way. Me, Ally, and Wes have been dreaming of going to a certain school since we were kids and we all got in. That’s where I’m going. I’m not changing my mind,” I said seriously.

            “I wouldn’t expect you to change your mind. I’ve been putting in a few applications but I haven’t decided on one. I just know what major I want,” he said as he grabbed my hand to play with my fingers.

            “I’m going to Palm Beach University. It’s what I’ve always wanted. They have an amazing Creative Writing program.”

            “I asked Wes where he was going about a month ago. Then I looked into it. They have a great medical program. So I put in my application,” he said as he looked up at me with a big smile.

            “Why,” I asked quietly.

            “I knew you would be going wherever Wes was going. I want to stay with you.  I love you so much. I knew that I couldn’t change your mind about where you were going so I shifted my plans. I never had anything set in stone so it didn’t really matter if I changed my mind,” he said seriously.

            “I love you so much. I was so scared you were going somewhere far away from me. I didn’t want to be apart from you,” I said as I threw my arms around him and held him tight.

            “I waited too long to have you. There’s no way anything is keeping me away from you now,” he said before he kissed me on top of my head.

            “College is going to be amazing,” I said as I pulled back and smiled at him. I had never been happier than this moment.

            “There is something I wanted to ask you about,” he said suddenly seeming nervous.